Click Here!

Forbidden Fanfics?

Guest Silberchen

Guest Silberchen

This is not really a suggerstion, but I didn't know where to put it.

It's a request to the site owners:

However - hello :)

I am writing Real People Slash about German Soccer Players.

Some of the more interesing players just told some major sites (e.g. fanfiktion.de) to remove all fanfictions in which they have more than a small minor role.

In the moment I hope that the RPS-writers can move to one place completley, so that we don't have to search too long for the fictions.

I know that this site allows "forbidden" fiction, especially regading the higher rating.

What do you think about this issue?

Could aff.net become the new home of at least some of the writers.

But I have to say, that are not all fanfics are highly rated.

I am very interesting to hear what you are thinking about this.

Cheers

Silberchen

There is only one restriction to real person fiction and that is that the people involved cannot be under 18 years of age.

While we know that some people prefer that fan fiction is not written about them or based on their characters, we do not restrict unless we receive a cease and desist notice. At this point in time, the only person to have done so is Anne Rice, so everything else goes so long as the above is followed :)

Guest Silberchen

Thank you so much for your fast and kind reply!

I feel very welcome!

I will offer this site to the other writers, and I think we could move here.

Thanks again!

Silberchen

• 2 months later...

Hello there,

I believe this is a valid point and, and in such, i wanted to give an overview on disclaimers. For instance, if you are using real life character in a story, but give full description in your 'original story' that no money is made, in any way, or what have you. Then perhaps someone cannot dispute it as 'forbidden"

For instance, the plot is your, and as long as you give credit to its owner 'as this site demands', and gain no property or money, you should be absolved from any legal standings. If you make money, or claim responsibility to production or advertise, the you are under their legal contract of supply and pay. Hope this helps. Either way, do some research on the contracts of their name, so your not charged retribution or fines. I hope this helps, not an expert at all, but i hope this gives you a baseline

Darkest Regard,

BlackMaiden

For real person fiction, our requirements are strict and we have NO wiggle room on 'em. People are their own intellectual property. This is why it's so critically important that it's clearly stated you don't know the person, you make no money from the story, and that it is completely fictional. Even then, if the person in question wanted the stories downed, they'd end up being removed.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.