Click Here!

Bots on AFF

Guest The Lurker

Guest The Lurker

I am now believing that this Megan thing is a bot. It has had many diffrent names and every review says the same thing...

I really like this story alot. Can you please write some more chapters?

My suggestion is this..

Why not have a spam blocker like mediaminer does? There you have to enter a 4 digit code to prove you are not a bot to review. Just a suggestion because this Megan whoever is getting old really quick. spam.gifrealmad.gifpoke.gifargue.gif

To get a better idea of who Megan Consoer is, I suggest you read these two threads on the forums:

Megan Consoer: A reviewer with NO work ethic.

Creative Revenge: A spin-off on the Megan Consoer thread.

The second topic is the result of a split. You get a much more graphic idea of just how much Megan Consoer is hated.

As far as I know, Megan Consoer usually reviews in the HP archives. That's her special fandom.

Guest The Lurker

Not to be rude Eveknight75 but I was not talking about Megan Consoer..I was talking about the reviewer Megan.

Two seperate names, not the same.

I had seen the posts you have posted but my report was on Megan, not Megan Consoer and this also had my suggestion for a spam blocker.

And while my review was in the HP archive, it was not signed by Megan Consoer but from Megan, which believe it or not, I have had many reviews from Megan on my other fandom stories and have deleted them all. This is the first time that I have reported this particular Megan.

If I had intended to speak about this Megan Consoer, I would have left her last name but as you can see from the review, it is just Megan.

Not trying to be rude just pointing out that the two of them were diffrent.

This thread is in Aimless Babble:

Megan Consoer: the new incarnation.

The review is identical to what she leaves. Both leave the review in the same fandom. There are many suspicions that the two are indeed the same entity. Part of this stems from the fact that the name "megan" started showing up shortly after the name "Megan Consoer" disappeared.

Either way, it's an equally strong argument for your suggestion so I don't see why I can't post the Megan Consoer argument here to back it up.

First of all, I don't believe a spam blocker is even a feasible option with the way the archive is currently written to work. I'm not the one to ask, this is just a guess on my part. The spam blocker at mediaminer is set to make sure it's a real person, since login is not required for reviewing.

Second, having looked at the threads in question, I agree with the other posters, in that it's in all probability the same person, just that she created a different login.

You've probably wandered around other archives as well, and these kinds of reviews are common, unfortunately for you authors. In fiction archives where underagers are allowed, you see this all OVER the place. They're not bots, just KIDS. Usually around 13ish.