Click Here!

This Is My Forest Review Replies and Discussion

thestarvingartist

Because This Is My Forest is a completely different monster from The Odd Couple...

I got a notice about my review replies and author's notes being in violation, so (le sigh), I'm going to try to move them all here. (Try being the operative word)

Author's note (from Part One): Hello! For those who joined us back in June/July, yes, this is the same This Is My Forest that I had taken down for reasons that irked myself and my cohort. I will only post This Is My Forest, up until the most recent chapter. I want to get an idea for how well this is going beyong my suddenly small readership on Multiply. So, please, feel free to read and review, and I will keep posting.

(From Part Seven):

This is where The Lord and The Lady starts to blend with In Fair Verona. This happens, actually, in The Lord and The Lady and In Fair Verona, when Cassandra and Pharony seek out Escalus' help with certain delicate matters, and Escalus gets their help with his own problems, so I didn't jump out of canon with them. Pharony is strange like this, a little eccentric and is bored with travelers stumbling through the Petrified Forest.

(From Part Eleven):

Author's Note: I spent a lot of time waffling between this scene, whether Escalus would be there in time before Tybalt would... ya know... or if he'd get there after and just kick Tybalt's sorry hide to Kingdom come. I also kind of waffled a bit on this entire mechanic of Voltaire and Tybalt, because of my characters, I still manage to see Voltaire as being this little boy, so it makes for some really interesting mental images that I didn't want to think about.

(From Part Seventeen):

Review Replies! Oh wow, it's been a while since I've gotten to do these.

Anu: Well, I consider there to be 4 main characters, Escalus, Tlaloc, Cassandra, and Izpapalotl. If it makes you feel better, I will give this much away: I didn't kill Escalus and Tlaloc. I promised Athena (Caro Kellenberger, the author of The Golden Path and owner of the characters from it) that I wouldn't. So I didn't. =D

Author's note: I wanted to do zombie Wonderland of sorts. soooooooo yeah.

(From Part Eighteen, which is actually a chapter now, thanks for whoever noticed it but didn't actually tell me that I hadn't posted it...):

Author's Note: We're nearing the end, and most of that is complete. We have plenty still to do before we can get there, and the rest may seem a bit rough-and-tumble, but this must get done... *sighs* I can't wait... So... close to the end, I can almost taste it...

Review Replies:

Merely Truth: Escalus is inspired by the Prince Escalus from William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (though this rendition is completely mine), and Tlaloc is owned by Athena Genesis (aka Caro Kellenberger, who wrote The Golden Path which I drew the cover for). I hope this section helps to shed some more light on Escalus at least. Cassandra is also one of mine, from The Lord and the Lady (which needs to be finished, I'm ashamed to admit).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.