Click Here!

500 REVIEWS CLUB

madlodger

MOD: This thread has been consolidated for the sake of convenience. Each archive has it's own post. Simply click on a link and you will be re-directed to that post.

If a person has been nominated for more than one fic within a category, that person will have all of his/her fics mentioned in one quote, and each person responsible for nominating that author will be credited above the quote.

This thread will be consolidated regularly to keep things up to date. Your name will be mentioned right above your contribution. Don't worry - you won't lose any points if your post is deleted in the process.

I had a couple of fics in my mind from HP section for 1000 Revvs, but one of them couldn't be found and another recieved less than 1000 but more than 500.

Therefore, here is a new club, dedicated to honor AFF's excellent writers who got more than 500 but not 1000 yet.

Harry Potter

Naruto

Originals

Edited by EveKnight75

The following fics are from the Originals archive.

Vampires: All three fics were written by the same author and feature slash. All fics have been provided by madlodger.

Caramel: Book 3 of the Lord Emperor Vampire Series

Author [kiix] -:- Rated [Adult++] -:- Chapters [49] -:- Published [2007-03-25] -:- Updated [2007-07-04 00:00:00] -:- Edited [2007-07-04] -:- Hits [14336] -:- Reviews [741] -:- Average / Total Vote [+++++ / 329]

Cinnamon: Book 2 of Lord Emperor Vampire Series

Author [kiix] -:- Rated [Adult+] -:- Chapters [50] -:- Published [2006-11-30] -:- Updated [2007-03-24 00:00:00] -:- Edited [2007-03-24] -:- Hits [16709] -:- Reviews [731] -:- Average / Total Vote [+++++ / 204][/color

Clove : Book 4 of Lord Emperor Vampire Series

Rated [Adult++] -:- Chapters [31] -:- Published [2007-07-05] -:- Updated [2007-09-18 00:00:00] -:- Edited [2007-09-18] -:- Hits [9997] -:- Reviews [507] -:- Average / Total Vote [+++++ / 291] ]

500 is not impossible, but would be pretty hard. Personally, I don't have a goal to have so many. One of my all time favorite stories on AFF got only 30 reviews with 6 chapters. It's a little masterpiece, in my opinion.

I do find multichapter fics interesting; how do they write so many chapters without loosing readers? The least number of chapters in the 500 Club was 12 so far, that fic is about to hit 1000, which is mind boggling, to say the least. And the story is about a very uncommon and not popular HP pairing.

To be honest, looking at those fics makes me want to get off my lazy ass and write some more, hehe.

Another fic with more than 500 reviews!

It's in Naruto

Sasuke/Naruto

BeccaAmon

Spiral falling

Naruto > AU

Rated [Adult+] -:- Chapters [32] -:- Published [2004-05-10] -:- Updated [2006-06-26 00:00:00] -:- Edited [2006-07-20] -:- Hits [67711] -:- Reviews [639] -:- Average / Total Vote [+++++ / 471]

I love this story!

• 1 month later...

Holy Carp! What a cool club to be in! What a coolthing to do! Thanks, mad! I'm still geeked that Redeem Me did so well, both in awards at QtP and in reviews on sites. (You should see the record it set at on particular site!! I wrote gift fics for every person that had a review landing on a number divisible by fivehundred.) My worst fear is that pretty much anything I do in the present and future will be overshadowed by that one fic. Even so, happy it went over so well, and I finally have the confidence to work on original material.

Peace, and be well, Samayel

You are welcome.

Actually, I am just the record keeper, hehe; All Glory goes to the Authors biggrin.gif

Personally, I liked Redeem Me because of the fine balance between Draco and Harry and the whole approach. Who was redeeming whom, yeah. Very well done. I've seen it on other sites and it was recced a lot as well (I believe I know which one you mentioned. You'd have to write three gift fics for that, hehe). On one other proticular site, where reviews are tough to come by, it actually made it into "Popular".

Harry/Draco is not easy to write, even though the pairing is so popular.

I am sure that you'll write even better fics in the future, Fanfics or Original.

*hugs*

• 2 months later...

I feel vivilover69's pain on the review thing...snifff.....I know a story but I'll find it later....

It's a little intimidating to be in a club with such great authors! I'm still green at this fanfic writing thing, so I'm not sure I really belong just yet (with only one fic and one oneshot ... while some of these other authors have tons of fics! *sigh*). But the readers on AFF are awesome - very loyal and supportive. So ... thanks to everyone who has reviewed me! You guys are the best! Huggles for everyone! hug.gif

• 1 month later...

Wow...isn't this a little elitist?

Have you not considered that smaller fandoms garner less reviews? I've seen excellent stories with 5-15+ reviews, but are in fandoms that have less traffic volume. I've also seen BNF's that have crappy stories but multitudes of fangirls/boys will squeal at them not for the writing, but for the pairing/sex.

This negates the review fallacy:

500-1000 reviews =/= great author.

No...it just doesn't.