Click Here!

Children tieing the knot

ArkaineX55

Story #1 http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/198812

Story #2 http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293636,00.html

Deciding that the difference between the word “pregnant” and the words “not pregnant” is more than just technical, the Arkansas Legislative Council on Friday asked the commission that publishes state law books to undo a change it made to fix a flaw in a new marriage law.

At issue is Act 441 of 2007, which was intended to set a minimum marriage age of 18, unless the girl is pregnant and has parental permission.

The act contained what the sponsors say was an error that allows females of any age, even infants, to marry if they have their parents’ consent.

Yeah... This is even way off for me. I really don't know what to say. fear.gif

This was even on the 2sense radio show.

[Edit: Thanks EveKnight]

Edited by ArkaineX55

I've read about this already. Normally, one would rely on the common sense of parents to make sure things stay in check, but I'm not sure I have that much faith in general humanity.

Meanwhile, one would think it's a simple matter of taking out the word "not". It isn't. Apparently, they have to go through a re-wording procedure and that'd take a while.

P.S. When writing a post, check the top left area. Clear the Tab-Key Mode box. That should do it. In fact, you can edit your opening post on this thread and clear that box.