Click Here!

Login Issues - E-mail Characters Invalid

Guest Coldsilence

Guest Coldsilence

Hello!

I am trying to validate my AFF account. I am at http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/ucp.php and when I enter my password, it says the following message:

Please Enter A Valid Password, it may contain letters, numbers, dashes, underscores, and must be a minimum of 8 characters long

My e-mail is as follows:

writer.coldsilence@gmail.com

Since my e-mail has a period, it is not being accepted by the website. Any advice on this would be appreciated. :)

I don't get the confirmation email. I followed the "walk-through" and was reported being successfull and that a confirmation email would be sent to me. None has come so far - I have checked SPAM too - and when I try again to login, I get the message that I'm not registered any more.

Feel very confused now and I don't know what to do.

Kindest regards

thomcats

Guest ColdSilence

Did you post stories before your 18th birthday? I read somewhere that any accounts created between 2008 (I think its 2008) and up were deleted if your birthday indicated that you were 18 and under.

I don't get the confirmation email. I followed the "walk-through" and was reported being successfull and that a confirmation email would be sent to me. None has come so far - I have checked SPAM too - and when I try again to login, I get the message that I'm not registered any more.

Feel very confused now and I don't know what to do.

Kindest regards

thomcats

And to confuse matters further, I've lost my access to these forums as a member, since I tried to change passwords, succeeded in that but now cannot log in with new credentials and an error is reported when I try ????.....

@thomats - I answered you in the other thread; DG and/or manta will have to look at your issue, unfortunately :(

@Cold Silence: I am showing that you are already registered here:

http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=18208

It is under that same e-mail, so the e-mail is being accepted. The '.' character to my knowledge is not causing any issues.

Please review the news post: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29622-brand-new-new-code-and-other-updates-read-me/

There are links there to detailed information which should resolve the issue you are having. If you still experience difficulties after reading through that information and following the instructions, please post details - copy/paste the error message, or if possible, a screen shot - and detail what you were doing at the time the error occurred so that we can address the specific issue.

Thanks!

Guest Cold Silence

Thank you for your help RogueMudBlood! I should have read the FAQ a little more closely. The problem is the password, it was too short. I'll follow the instructions to reset it. Next time I should read this stuff when I'm wide awake instead of early in the morning!

Guest thomcats

Thanks to both RogueMudblood and DemonGodess061 for taking their time, but I'm still stuck in the mire. And I can't find my way to the other thread since I can't check on my posts, being only a guest now. What shall I do? In what end shall I start?

1) Cannot validate my account. As far as I can remember now, I have different emails for account and forum. I was almost there the first time but what went wrong then, I don't know.

1) Have no access to the forum. Have tried to reset password and that hasn't helped.

1) Have managed to see to my account using the "backdoor", so to speak, and I have seen that the text in the stories appear as one of those long consectutive paragraphs - a big block. Even if I finally get back to my account officially, I will wonder where to start.

All very demoralising and frustrating.

Regards from a very unhappy Cat. :(

thomcats

@thomcats

I now show you as having been sent the validation mail. You need to click that link to be able to login. If, perhaps, your account has an old email address which is no longer working associated with it, I'll have to change that. If you think that's it, email me at technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org. I won't ask you to post your email for all to see here. It could be the same issue in the forum, as I'm showing you there, but not logged in since 2008

what that screen is showing me is the password you entered is wrong.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.