Click Here!

Three Girls Died, Others Hospitalized

Guest echtrae

Guest echtrae

Apparently there are some rather nasty side-effects from the HPV vaccine that is being provided.

Three Girls Died, Others Hospitalized, After HPV Vaccine

Should young girls be required to take Gardasil by the government when possible side effects include hospitalization and death? There have also been reports from the National Vaccine Information Center about fainting and dizziness reported by dozens of patients as side effects of Gardasil, and there are even some concerns that Gardasil may cause infertility.

These are steep risks for a vaccine that only sometimes protects against HPV, which is virtually 100 percent avoidable without an expensive and potentially fatal vaccine.

Guest Adara

!!! So it's only being forced in the US. I am SO glad I live in Canada right now....

I swear I felt sick as soon as I finished reading the article.

Okay - The governor of my state (Texas) tried so hard to get it set in stone that all girls had to have the vaccine - the rumor mill has it it's because he owns stock in the company not because he wanted to protect the girls. I took the steps to make sure that my girls could still go to school and not have to take the damned vaccine (my insurance doesn't cover it and I have one of the biggest and most well know insurances in the world - I also work for the company so I know why they don't cover it)... In order to make it so my children can go to school I had to get a notarized affidavit stating that I refused due to moral and religious reasons thus labeling myself for the government.

The law is back up for review and isn't being enforced from what I've heard and read, now I'm hoping that this information will kill it. The vaccine hasn't been tested thoroughly and is dangerous - enough said.

This was discussed on the MSN board, and I posted my view that it hadn't been tested enough for me to subject myself or any of my children to it.

I got blasted for it. Basically the majority over there believed I would be a neglectful parent to not make sure my 12 year old daughter got this shot, instead of teaching her about safe sex. I feel the other way. If I had forced her to get this shot with no long-term (10-15 years, 2nd generation born) I would be negligent.

The biggest thing that gets me is that this vaccine directly affects a woman's reproductive area. There has not been enough time passed to even know what effect it has on that. Can it cause sterility in women? Who knows! But lets make sure everyone gets it anyway.

And for the record, I haven't had a vaccination for ANYTHING since junior high. Dumb school kept sending home permission forms for us to GET the needles, not to be exempted. Ya, lets see how fast those disappear.

I already have one hormonal disorder affecting my ovaries. I don't need another one.

I'm a virgin, and seeing as how I'm single and not looking at the moment, I'm likely to stay STD-free for quite a while. Honestly, I don't need a vaccine like this to complicate my medical history further.

Because I'm over 18 and have PCOS, I get checked down there at least twice a year. That measure has worked for years and I'll stick to it no matter how painful it is.

Guest Adara

I'm certainly NOT going to have my daughters get this crap until I see unquestionable proof that it won't harm their bodies.

If it comes down to me being frowned upon by my bloody peers or causing my daughters not only long-term physical damage, but perhaps the emotional damage of not being able to bear children...fuck those who have a problem with it.

I rather give my daughters the opportunity to decide for themselves whether or not they want to be sterile.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Hmmm.... no! I'm already at risk for being sterile, let me not add something else to up my chances.

Prairie has the right idea. Instead of protecting the stupid at likely risk to both them AND the ones smart/responsible enough to avoid such a disease, we need to educate children in safer sex practices. This way, we avoid a nasty epidemic of cervical cancer, and don't have to worry that this "vaccine" may make girls ill, sterile, or dead.

People need to redefine neglectful parenting.

Guest echtrae
People need to redefine neglectful parenting.

Why? When it is clearly so much easier to simply have the government determine that for them. [/sarcasm]

okay, so i only have a son and, unless by some miracle this changes any time soon (single and not getting any), this isn't going to directly affect my family. however, that doesn't mean that i don't find the whole thing deplorable.

as with Leonhart29, i too live in the state of Texas. i don't want to sound terrible or anything, but my experience with native Texans (please don't take offense, Leon) is that they are, in general, lacking in intelligence. this isn't to say that all of them are. but there's a good portion who are more concerned with sports than education. when we moved here from Minnesota 24 years ago, i felt that we'd entered some kind of backwoods horror show.

we don't know our neighbors. while we don't live in a bad area, it isn't as good as it used to be. what's sad is my parents picked this town because we had one of the better school systems in the DFW area. it was a serious culture shock because position was more important to some of these people than anything else.

when the news broke about our Governor *makes a few rude comments* trying to push this bill through the state legislature (he wrote it and sent it to the house), my mother and i were just astounded. to me, this is one of the best and most prime examples of masculine stupidity (please don't take offense, gents. i don't mean you personally) that i've ever been witness to.

he isn't the one who has to take this shot. he isn't the one who has to wonder if it'll have any adverse side effects upon them. its stupid to make people take a vaccine that hasn't been shown to be helpful. i can understand for small pox and polio. but not for something that may or may not do what it's supposed to without side effects that can be more devestating than the disease its supposed to prevent.

if i had a daughter.... there's no fucking way in all the seven hells that i'd ever make her get this shot. people need to stop worrying about everyone else and worry about themselves. there were a couple of really great statements made here.

prairiefire is right. parents should teach their children themselves. especially when you live in a state that doesn't even really teach abstinence. they just kind of ignore the whole sex thing here.

and APP (sorry, i'm lazy). yes. neglectful parenting. there's the new craze. let's let our kids learn everything they need to know about sex from TV and movies(just so realistic there!) and the internet (just how big do you want your cock to be?)

You know - not everyone down here is stupid, and you did make that disclaimer. But you're right - there are a lot of "Good ol' Boys" that think we "woman folk don't know shit" to quote my uncle. It's that way everywhere to differing degrees. I was born in this state and left shortly afterwards... only to be pulled back into the Black Hole of Texas about 16 years ago. Maybe because I left the great state I have more of a respect for my body and that of my children - I don't know.

It really is no surprise to me that our Governor did this though - especially when you stop to think about how he was elected. One woman said (when asked why she was voting for Perry) "I don't know what he stands for but he's just so cute!" I'm not joking - It's on tape somewhere... and one man said "Well who wants a Governor named Kinky?"

Texas is all about big bucks - from oil to pharmaceuticals to whatever else they can sell. It's always been that way and always will be that way. The poor just don't have a voice or a place here - and sadly that's the way it is all over the United States.

I don't see why the vaccine would have anything to do with attending school. I understand that an unvaxxed child could spread chicken pox, but that's via more casual contact. Unless there's something going on during school hours I don't want to know about, I fail to see how a girl not having this shot is going to endanger her classmates' health.

My daughter will not be getting this vaccine. If she wants it as an adult, that will be her choice.

Honestly, if someone in a government issued lab coat comes around trying to stick needles in my niece, they're going to see which has more range: their hypodermics or my swords. Personally my money is on my swords. Especially if they don't notice my brother behind them with his...

My mind is my own, my body is my own. I don't mind a referee making sure we all get along and play nice together, but the ref only gets to enforce the rules, not write them. That's for the players to decide. If the ref tries to declare otherwise, well, there are many more players then there are refs. This whole 'Force the vaccine!' is a particulalry vile bit of stupidity, and I hope that not only is it never enforced but that it is quickly struck down as well. Polio vaccines were proven; small pox vaccines were proven; Gladrasil isn't proven. It doesn not fit, it is the weakest link, send it back and try again until you get it right. When the cure is worse then the disease, it is the disease, plain and simple.

Polio vaccines were proven;

Here's a funny story. When I was little, just before I got vaxxed from Polio, my mother saw a report on 60 minutes on how the vaccine could harm people who are around the person vaccinated the previous day. It usually only effected those with a weak immune system. So, when my mom took me to the doctor and asked, he stared at her all blank like and said "We'll, that's a reliable source... but I've never thought of that..."

Hmm, slight difference as far as I can tell though: polio was transferable in a non-contact method. I admit I'm not an expert on polio, but if I recall correctly it was much more contagious then what ever Gladrasil is meant to cure, as the target of gladrasil seems to be a minor disease that can only be caught one way. Worse, polio was actually a threat to society, and so risking those with weak immune systems, if true, could be seen as reasonable. Gladrasil, on the other hand, seems to be an attempt to cure athlete's foot with a shot gun, with the added "bonus" of possibly sterilizing America.

Oh, of course, the situations are quite different. Let me be clearer. The similarity is where, many people, doctors included, didn't know of the possible risks of the Polio vax to others not vaccinated. I believe what my mother specifically asked was "If I have my daughter vaccinated, and then take her to her grandmother's who's undergoing chemotherapy, will this affect my mother?"

The issue with the HPV vax is that, as horrible as it is, very few people know the severity of the risks, or even that there's not even that great of a chance that the vaccine will even do what it's supposed to.