Click Here!

Donating Points

This may well be the stupidest question you've ever gotten but here goes:

When I post stuff and see my name and pic pop up, I also see the little points bar with a dollar amount by it. On my profile page is a donate points button. I've been searching for an explanation to this without success. How did I accumulate these points? Do I get these when people visit my posts? Does 'donating' them mean that you guys get money from this?

I'm all for donating these points if it means that you guys can make a profit but I don't want to do anything without completely understanding what it is I'm doing!

Can you explain this procedure to me?

Thanks

That's very sweet of you :flirtysmile: but no, the points don't donate dollars to the site. Would be great if they did! But IP Board just created it as a game. We used to have a battle game, but when they upgraded the board, they nixed the thing :(

So, instead, we have ibEconomy. It's just for a game - for the shiggles, if you will. As for accruing points, that's done through your posts - when you post a topic in the regular forum and someone replies to your topic, both you and they get points. So, when you make a post in anyone else's topic, you get points.

The donation is just for you to choose if you wanted to give another forum member points that didn't have many. For example, as I post this, you have $2180.00 I just donated 15000 points to you as I'm typing this. :D See how it works? It's just for the game, no real profit for it. (Sadly, as I could do wonders with $850,000....)

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.