Click Here!

Slashers ... how did you start?

teeta

How did I start? Oh man, um, Ranma 1/2 if you can believe it. I read everything I could get my hands on for months. Branching out to Fullmetal Alchemist seemed a natural move as many of the people I met online were into it, pairings or no. I stayed there for a long time then wandered a bit. Now, I mostly write Bleach and I'm working on Weiss and Kyo Kara Maoh. I've seen a lot of anime, so I'll read pretty much anything on the rare occassion I have the time. Though, I'll admit to doing searches on Schuldig from Weiss before I run around looking for something new. He's my baby, almost as adored as Kira adn Gin of Bleach (but not together!) Does that count as my two cents worth? *Oh, and I've always read yaoi and almost always write it. Because I prefer it.*

As to actual yaoi series, I get my hands on anything available in english, books or dvds. Hell, I work an extra job for the express purpose of paying for my manga collection.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way, way back on FF.net before the great crackdown. I was just bobbing along through a few fics minding my own buisness when WHAM! It sent me running for the hills. Then I got curious. Now as of March 2008 I've started writing slash too.

*closes eyes and thinks*

I started off by watching a FanSubbed eps of Bronze (note: this was more than 10 yrs ago!)

Then I helped several of my pen pals edit and color their Sailormoon Yuri...

But other than that... I didn't even realize fan fiction existed until 4-5 years ago when I went in search of something to fill the HP void. I stumbled across Spinner's Blind as a Bat story and though I was slightly squicked by the fact that it was Snarry, I read it and was hooked.

*winces* Sadly the last book killed all joy I had for anything HP, including writing.

Since I had been force fed Naruto at this point (I have a teenage daughter... so yes I was force fed Naruto) I went in search of some good Naruto Yaoi... I'm glad I did as my muses came back to me and I have been writing again (though no SasuNaruSasu... because... well, there is just SO MUCH out there!)

I watched Gundam Wing on Cartoon Network, but I started several episodes in and needed information on the series, so I went online and got more than I bargained for, but I never shyed away from it or was disgusted, I thought that it was awesome and a week later, I wrote my very first 1x2 gundam wing fic and I've been writing slash ever since.

Guest Savaial

FairyNiamh-

Totally off topic, I love your avvy. I don't think I knew about fanfiction until about five years ago either, but I've more than made up for the gap. I've been force-fed Naruto too, but I can see the attraction.

On the original topic-

I started with Het and now have learned to really like the Yaoi. There is something more...pure about it in some ways. I will mostly stick with Het but I can really go for the male on male. I started because someone asked me for it and now I'm hooked.