Click Here!

Dark Cabaret's Insanity

Okay I know when the 'vote' came around for this I said I wouldn't use it but I think I will anyways! I need somewhere to vent about work ..... so here goes:

The store I work in is getting ready to remodel ... my thoughts on this is that we should shut down for it so we can get everything without customer's being in the way, but my boss tells me we're only going to be closed maybe two days. That was about 3 weeks ago. She tells me yesterday they only want us closed ONE day to replace the registers, well this remodel is going to take TWO WEEKS! So we'll have 13-15 people running around moving stuff and having to deal with customer's being in the way of it all. Now is it just ME or is that crazy?

It is a bit crazy - but I can understand where they're coming from. They're looking at the financial end of things. They have to pay for the remodeling somehow - and I'm sure they wouldn't pay their employees while they were forced not to work. At least you'll still be getting a pay check.

That does suck. That's called getting everything for next to nothing - and where I work it's the same thing really. Although I get paid quite a bit more than $6.50 I remember those days really well. My boss's think it's okay to make us work 55-65 hour work weeks and that our work won't suffer for it. That's a pipe dream.

Okay so it's the fourth of July now .... it was SUPPOSED to be my day off, but hell no! I ended up going in at 8am, and working with the remodel crew. I can't even count how many shelves, roll tainers, and peg boards that were dropped on me today!

I was sooooo tired I came home and took a nap. I'm only 20 years old and was worn out enough I took a darn nap!

Is it bad to take afternoon naps at my age?

Plus the only good thing about it was I worked with my cousin and then she took me to lunch!!