Click Here!

Looking to beta

ReinaLorraine

Name: Reina

Contact info 1: we_are_the_low_art_gloominati@yahoo.com (if you want an immediate reply)

Contact info 2: comment here (if you don't mind waiting a day or so)

How long have you been writing/beta-ing: I beta for friends, and have done peer editing for classmates for about 10 years (and still currently am).

What I beta: I will beta fanfiction and original fiction (any rating). I'd rather not beta dark dark dark dark dark mind fuck stories, or a story revolved around constant human/animal mutilation. If you're not sure I'll beta your story, just ask

:) I also prefer m/m slash (m/f side pairings don't bother me). No scat please or cannibalism.

My strengths: I can fix grammar and spelling, I can help work you through character growth/profiles/etc., you can bounce ideas off of me, I put ideas on your document (I only change certain things), so you can alter them. It's not my place to re-write a sentence for you, unless I get explicit permission.

My weaknesses: Not knowing a lot of fandoms, not good with historical content, no knowledge of places (in case your story is set in Wyoming). I will not go on a hunt for information about places/cultures/weather reports for Canada/etc. for you. That you have to do on your own. My schedule is a little wonky at times, and I can't always get on a computer, but I usually print the stories and proofread during my free time.

What I do

- Looking for capitalization, grammar, punctuation, tenses and spelling (always)

- Does the story flow and make sense (always)

- Consistency of characters (only if there are glaring changes)

- Helping develop characters (only if requested)

- Giving ideas to make the story work (only if requested)

- Full pulling apart each sentence and inspecting it from all angles (only if requested)

- Others that I'm most likely forgetting

*Only if requested: some people aren't comfortable with a beta doing so much to a story

I am a busy college student who needs to know when the deadline is. If you tell me "oh just get it to me in about a week", you may not get it back and revised for maybe 2 or 3. If you are trying to update every Friday, let me know and I'll make sure I get the story/chapter to you in time for you to fix up any last things, and be able to post without feeling stressed. I'm here to help you :) But, please work with my schedule as well. And, I'm NOT perfect. I can't promise that your story will be mistake free, but I can try to get it as close as I can. I like to work through yahoo/msn/aol IM and a website that allows two people to edit the same document simultaneously.

Edited by ReinaLorraine

• 3 months later...

Hey

My story Finding Draco Malfoy is in serious need of a beta. The later chapters are okay but I have been working on it for 2 years now and the first seven or so chapters are in terrible need of a rewrite. it is a Harry/Draco story although I am not one to jump in to relationships that aren't cannon so they are still trying to overcome their differneces 18 chapters in. I would really like to continue this story soon but as it is I can't being myself to add to it before the obvious errors are delt with and I can refocus on the plot.

I would love for you to take a look at the story and get back to me on wether you would be interested in helping me out or not.

Thanks

CBT

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.