Click Here!

Iggy's Broken Thoughts

Well, I have a headache and woke up on the wrong side of the bed, so I'm feeling like doing a bit of ranting.

-I'm getting bitter again with fanfiction. I think it's related to the fact that I'm currently re-starting a story due to the canon revelation on a certain character's age. While I was able to work it out in my head it pissed me off that I felt the need to even bother. That is to say, a lot of other fanfic authors would have shrugged it off "it's just fanfiction" and kept on writing. But no...no, I had to change it. Even if no one else cares, I would know dammit....

-What the fuck am I doing with my life? 5 years ago I thought I had a clue. Now I just fucking don't.

-I think somebody ripped off one of my fics at lj. *growls*

-And my e-mail inbox is empty. *sobs* Why this matters, I don't know. It just does.

Grrr...argh...ya know I'm beginning to think that bad fanart is worse than bad fanfiction. Seriously, I've been slogging through this site and while a lot of it is fine, there's just enough that is fucking shit. And what is with this catboy/catgirl fetish???? I mean wtf? How many times do I have to see Cloud rendered as a freakin' catboy before I suffer permenant, irreverible psychological damage.

There's not enough brain bleach in the world to help me recover from all the renderings of crack pairings and pairings that I don't particularily like. No, this isn't because I clicked on them before you ask this is because of ya know...thumbnails.

Don't get me started with te OCs, too. Look, I don't give a shit if there's an OC with one of the canon characters. I may not always like it but I don't really give a shit. But OCs alone in a fandom-specific catagory makes me want to hit someone. It's like "grr...argh...I don't give a shit about your Mary Sue and no Reno would never, ever fuck her, so stop fucking dreaming you stupid, stupid bint."

Yes, when I'm fed up and pissed off, I'm not a nice person.

On the brighter side, when I find something I actually like it's like finding a hundred dollars lying in the middle of the street. Okay, maybe not that great, but you get the idea.

Oh, and I've been ranting and raving about this for the past couple days on my lj so if this all sounds familar, forgive my lack of creativity. I tend to stew over these things....

I've pretty much given up on fan art myself. Some of it's good - but a lot of it's plain shit, as you've said. I was going to post some of my work (even the stuff I'm not too happy with like Cloud in drag), but I just can't bring myself to do it. I have to agree with your rant and keep it up! Bitch away - it's cleansing for the soul.