Click Here!

Favorite Crack Pairings

Tabitha

I like crack pairings. To me, I have fun reading fics that deal away from the norm and get into the unsuspected twists and turns of a usual series plot. Most espeacially the ones between enemies or the love/hate rivalry.

Since we have a "Pairing That Makes you Cringe" topic I thought that this would balance it out. Also here feel free to discuss what makes them fun to write and read about. Or are they better than normal pairings (ones that are mentioned in the anime or that everyone constantly agrees with) that is what I believe the true excitement in adult fanfiction comes from.

That is my two cents worth but what do you think of crack pairings should they be encouraged or are there some that need improving you think?

Okay, crack pairings can be loads of fun. It's total fan satisfaction. The thing is, most writers morph the characters into something the original creator didn't intend them to be. It's very hard to stay true to the spirit of most characters while pairing them with a character they may very well hate. This results in many OOC fics.

For example, one of my favorite crack pairings is Sess and Kagome. Lots of writers really drop the ball when they do Sess/Kag stories. They'll make Kags a total badass and Sess a man-whore. Or Kags is an ugly, shy girl who turns into a total babe later and Sess is the charismatic rock star who notices her.

While these stories may be well-written and fun to read, they are not true to the personalities of the characters. A character is not a character merely because a writier says that they are, they need to give the character the personality their original creator gave them. That's the challenge of being a fan fic writer, keeping true to the creator's original vision while bending the characters to your own will.

That's why I stick to writing original fics, I'm just not good enough to tackle a fan fic! laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Macrosschick: 90% of the time I whole-heartedly approve of well written OOC's, because (as far as anime is concerned) 90% of the time the warped character is better than the origional. I'll use DBZ as the simplet example. DBZ was horribly written, with poor character development and nearly everything else, yet you can take the character outlines provided by DBZ and make some amazing fiction, well defined characters and a driving plot.

Naruto, as another example, is (again 90% of the time) the MOST annoying pest of a character, and I myself wouldn't mind one bit if some of the OOC Naruto's I've read were adapted by the series' writers. Naruto's idiotic single-faceted personality is the only thing that kept me away from the Naruto fandome for years.

Anywhooo... Favorite crack pairings....

Shikamaru/Kiba

Sephiroth/Naruto (this hasn't been done yet, but I might get around to it some day)

Guest Big Samurai

Crack? If it's done well, I'm there. If the 'ficcer can make me believe that it's possible, I'll follow it. I could list dozens and dozens of possibilities, but, if we're keeping it to anime and the like, I'll just list a handful off the top of my head.

Adult Hotaru (Sailor Moon) / Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)

Ghost Rider (Marvel Comics) / Light (Death Note)

Kira / Murrue (Gundam Seed)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.