Click Here!

China: No redheaded cabbies!

quamp

Story here

BEJING - Red hair and the big earrings are out for women Beijing cab drivers in the run-up to next summer's Olympic Games, a state-run newspaper reported Wednesday.

WHAT!? HOW DARE THEY!!! WHAT DOES A PERSON'S HAIR COLOR HAVE TO DO WITH HOW GOOD THEY ARE AS A CABBIE!? What are these people, Communists!? Why -

Oh, wait, They are. Never mind. ohmy.gif

It did not say if there would be any penalties for cab drivers who dyed their hair red or broke the other guidelines.

What about the natural redheads? There are some occurrences of Asian people having reddish hair (auburn, but still), and it's not uncommon for elderly people to have their hair "rust" in the graying process, including brunettes.

I remember my school in Bangladesh giving me shit over my coloring because it was apparently against school policy to wear contacts or dye your hair. The fuckers lay off when I dyed my hair dark brown and wore heavily tinted glasses. Apparently I had to break the rules in order to blend in and satisfy them.

What China is proposing is blatant and unfounded discrimination and I'll support the cabbies who choose to fight this unjust rule.

• 1 month later...
Guest Agaib

huh....

thats just odd.

China's government is FULL of all sorts of paradoxes anyway. They're an odd sort of blend of Communistic control with all little bit of corporate capitalism mixed in.

Very odd.

Guest Big Samurai

I have one rule regarding China.

It is the result of a great deal of research and thought.

My rule? China sucks.

The long form: The people don't suck, the culture doesn't suck, the history doesn't suck, the food doesn't suck, but I loathe that government.

Guest echtrae

True, but what is the US government's response to such thing? They want to loosen up the pollution laws here instead of putting pressure on China to tighten up their laws. Despite the fact that pollution from China has been found riding the jetstream into California.