Click Here!

Fuckin' RIP OFF ARTIST

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Please follow this link. Does that seem... familiar... to you? If it does, you may notice something dreadfully wrong here.

For those less familiar with the works of Roman Dirge or the comics published by Slave Labor Graphics (same company that publishes Johnen Vasquez's "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac," "i feel sick" and "Squee!"), this character printed on these shirts is Lenore, from Dirge's comic of the same name. However, on this here site, not only is Roman Dirge not mentioned anywhere, but the character has been renamed (a very stupid name, I might add). The owner of this sight is Todd Goldman, apparently a renowned rip of artist who has not only stolen work from Roman Dirge, but the work and ideas of several other artists. More information can be found through this webcomic's news section under their latest comic. There are some rather... interesting things said here I find pretty interesting and am sure many of you will as well.

ARRGH! Things like this make me angry and upset angry.gif I love Johnny and Lenore but copying them is just wrong!

...Although I have to admit this t-shirt looks kinda neat dry.gif

Yeah.... I used to have an Eve L. poster.... TT__TT This is before I knew what the hell Lenore was.

Why do things that look neat have to suck ASS!?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyways those people would get hurt for ripping them off! That's copyright infringement! COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!

But don't we write fanfiction? Isn't that also copyright infringement except we're not getting paid or demanding money for our writing? unsure.gif

Disclaimers might be evil, but they're the only thing keep our asses out of the torture places I'm sure some cruel and insane corp has set up to test out new products XD

Hell, I bow down to the power of the disclaimer.

Truly, the difference between fan fiction and what this bastard does is the following:

1. WE don't claim any of the characters, situations or places that are created by others as our own. The only thing we claim is the story WE wrote, any original characters and any situations/places we ourselves created.

HE DOES.

2. WE give credit where credit is due. We clearly (or are SUPPOSED TO) state that the original creator of the characters/world/what have you is NOT US.

HE DOES NOT

3. WE don't make money from what we do (except those few who manage to get their stories published by the publishing company that handles the original material).

HE DOES

That said, there are still some writers/artists who don't actually MIND fan fiction. Hell, Johnen Vasquez ENCOURAGES it (I'm quite serious about this. He actually READS the stuff). More common, however, are the writers who may not like fan fiction of their work, but don't specifically ask for it not to be done. They just won't read it (i.e. J.K. Rowling).

The artists and writers this guy has ripped off, however, do NOT want reproductions of their work in any way. Those who know of what's happened to their work have CLEARLY stated that they want his site closed and he personally be exposed as the hack he is.

As for articles, I found some more...

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/20...oldman-scandal/

http://www.fleen.com/archives/2007/04/12/i...-hadnt-seen-it/

See, we own up to our work, this guy's saying it was an "accident." Right... pinch.gif

laugh.gifwtf? How do you accidently rip off someone else's art like...wholesale? Hmm...now I could almost understand the whole Lenore/ Eve L thing being a coincedence. Almost, but this whole business with this kitty wanting people to die...? I what was with that weird pedophile rant? ...the hell? Is that true or just heresay?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.