Click Here!

Daylight Saving Time

Guest echtrae

Guest echtrae

This is just a friendly reminder that Daylight Saving Time goes into effect tonight in the US. So remember to crank you clocks ahead an hour and sometime after that, swing by here and enable the DST setting in your profile.

Uncertain how to do that?

Do the following.

1. Click on the "My Controls" at the top right.
  2. Click on "Board Settings" under the "Options" header on the left.
  3. Right underneath the base time zone drop-down box, is a check box titled "Is daylight savings time in effect?" Click this check box.
  4. Now click the "Change my Account Options" button.
  5. Now you're all done.

I remembered, but I fail to see why we still do this here in America. I honesty think it's pointless.

You think it's pointless? HAH! Try being here in Canada and we don't have any other reason to switch to DST except for trading with the states.

I'm bitter.

And sleepy.

I lost an hour of sleep godamn it!

I suggest we all hold a candle-light vigil to remember the lost hours of sleep that are now forever gone sorcerer.gif

Don't despair - it's not gone forever, just on vacation for a few months. It'll come back this fall even better than before. Until then just think of your fond memories of that hour of sleep; maybe gaze lovingly at that picture of you and the hour you took in that photobooth and think of the happy nights. wacko.gif

...It made sense to me.

Don't despair - it's not gone forever, just on vacation for a few months. It'll come back this fall even better than before. Until then just think of your fond memories of that hour of sleep; maybe gaze lovingly at that picture of you and the hour you took in that photobooth and think of the happy nights. wacko.gif

...It made sense to me.

*falls of of chair laughing*

Okay, now I don't feel so bad laugh.gif

Well now, I guess there is a reason to be thankful for England after all. At least this year y'all go first. It has been us first since I got here in 2004. We have a few more weeks yet before we lose the hour.

PS - to those in the states who don't like DST, Move to New Mexico. They don't do DST. They just change time zones so their time remains the same.

It's actually the first year that we're going first, Amy. I don't know why they changed it, but oh well. It's over, and done for this year... thank goodness! laugh.gif

Not for me, it's not! I have to wait until the 25th before I can change my clocks. Last year we were some of the first to change. This year we seem to be playing catch-up to everyone else.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Energy conservation is the entire premise of DST. Basically by fucking over the entire agriculture industry, energy costs can be cut back. Great system, isn't it?

...O_o really? How does that work?

Guest echtrae

Which part Pix? The fucking over the agriculture industry, or the energy costs savings?

The ag industry gets fucked over because the animals are unable to adjust to the changing times of man and therefore still expect to get fed at the same times. The savings supposedly is due to the fact that the little worker bees (or the common man) use less electricity in during their short evening period by pretending the evening is longer. IIRC, the energy savings concept was promoted during WWII.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Which part Pix?  The fucking over the agriculture industry, or the energy costs savings?

The ag industry gets fucked over because the animals are unable to adjust to the changing times of man and therefore still expect to get fed at the same times.  The savings supposedly is due to the fact that the little worker bees (or the common man) use less electricity in during their short evening period by pretending the evening is longer.  IIRC, the energy savings concept was promoted during WWII.

Isn't there also that thing where they don't want people to travel to work in the dark? Given, this means they go HOME in the dark anyway/instead.

*Sigh* I travel into work at 6:30 in the am every morning and just as I was getting a little sunshine to light my way we have to spring forward - now I'm back in total darkness. I tell you I'm thinking of moving somewhere that I don't have to worry about it. I'm a nut about being on time as it is - just imagine what my poor internal clock is going through. "What?! Now? You've got to be kidding kid. Again? Didn't we do this last year? Don't you remember what I did to your internal plumbing? That's it! I'm commiting you - you're insane."

Now I have to deal with the idiots that STILL haven't changed their clocks and my internal workings going haywire... I really dislike Bush for this one...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.