Click Here!

Forum Issues

knight

Lately when trying to read or catch up on the forum, it locks up, doesn't load fully and I have to restart browsing window.

Other times I'll read a topic and the space between replies is enormus, its hard to find the next reply down the page.

This is the only board I go to that does the above.

Any ideas on what could be causing this? All programs are up to date on my computer.

Thanks

knight

Tell me the times this is occurring, because if it's when I'm running a database utility or something of that nature, that will cause problems with any of the software while running, as they are moderately resource intensive. Without knowing the times you experienced this, I can't tell you if it was something I was doing, or even begin to know what to look for if it wasn't me.

One other question for ya, what browser are you using? I thought about it, and I've been experiencing this as well, using Chrome. Firefox has been laggy for me on many sites for a long time, so I stopped using it entirely. I flat out don't trust IE, but tried with it for the sake of comparatives, and it works fine with it. Also Safari and Opera. I put the issues I was having down to my connection difficulties of the last few weeks, which my ISP finally fixed, but then it started happening again after I answered you initially.

Without seeing WHY in Chrome, what it looks like is it's having difficulties with some of the AJAX instructions.

FYI, if you're using Opera, don't use the Turbo option. It interferes with many Java instructions. As AJAX is Java, you can well imagine the weirdness I saw with Turbo enabled.

Let me try a few up dates.

I'm using Windows IE7

It has been doing it all day, even as I try to post in the 'Promote a Story' topic.

Updates and will let you know if anything changes.

Thanks

knight

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.