Click Here!

Fake drug, fake illness -- and people believe it!

Guest echtrae

Welcome to ethical responsibility (or whatever the hell its called these days). (I know there's a word for this situation!) (Artistic license?)

On the other side of that coin: with the elaborate education system we enjoy, we assume that the people we share this society with are actually smart....perhaps we should not assume.

I went the the web site of the "drug" and took their self-assessment quiz:

ZING SELF ASSESSMENT RESULTS

Your score is 33.

If your score falls between 40-60 you should see your doctor immediately.

If your score is between 30-40 you may be on the brink of succumbing to DSACDAD. Be aware of this possibility and be prepared by discussing your options with your doctor.

If your score falls between 15-30 take a moment to check in with yourself. Determine if you are answering as truthfully as possible. It's okay to need help. And thankfully help is available.

laugh.gif

Guest Yhitzak

But you know, "she intended the exhibit to be subtle." How horrifically appropriate a response!

If this goes to show nothing else, it does prove the effectiveness of the 'ask your doctor' tactic employed by pharmaceutical (apologies for the spelling) companies. Also, it should show just how socially inept we -as a whole society- are that we should be taken in by a disease entitled, "Dysphoric Social Attention Consumption Deficit Anxiety Disorder." In all honesty, I've never met a person *not* inflicted with this 'disease.' Maybe the ultimate lesson here is to use our brains and our better judgment, and not be swayed by *all* of the pretty colors flashing across the screens of our idiot boxes.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

I got a 30 in that quiz...

Honestly, I'm not surprised people would believe that this is a real disease and drug. We live in a world where everyone is medicated for just about everything. In the US, people are so quick to medicate before really considering whether they need to or not. And look at our doctors! They just can't WAIT to pump us with drugs!

I feel fortunate that as I was growing up my family turned to household and herbal remedies before giving my any type of serious medication (and that was only AFTER the doctor pushed it). Not only that, but when I was really little, our family doctor always told my parents to just give me tea or something of the like unless he truly felt that I had something serious that NEEDED to be treated with antibiotics and the like.

My most recent doctor can never wait to medicate me. He throws antibiotics at me as if they were candy! He even prescribed me an inhaler with little thought to it. O_o

Of course... he's also certified to preform botox injections so... yeah....

Guest Madapple

LOL, this makes me laugh. People are willing to believe that a pill can fix almost anything. that's why we are bordering a healthcare crisis. Mutant super germs that we created because our physicians will give drugs to anyone to shut them up and get them out of the office.

It also reminds me of this little tidbit.

Everyone remember this?

post-73-1172170845_thumb.jpg