Click Here!

I'm sorry I'm confused

Hello, I just registered yesterday and I've had a heck of a time trying to figure out how this site works. I am also having some trouble seeing what I can and can't put on this site. Do you allow adult content in your stories? My story is explicit and it's hard to find a place online to share it. Also, I've tried to quote some members here--says I can't do that, I've tried to check out the content here--says I can't do that, I am not sure what I can and can't do and why am I so restricted? Also I'm trying to see how current the site is, I see many older threads but are people still putting stories up? I've not been able to find anyone's story yet. :( I'm assuming there is a story section? And one more question, is this predominately an amine site?

Most of that is answered through the TOS, Content Guidelines and FAQs

Adult Content - Is allowed as long as it doesn't involve underage real people/celebrities. Otherwise, they got no restrictions on explictness, make sure you tag it correctly and especially disclaimer it correctly though (the FAQs will help).

Quoting members - On the forum? That's probably a "new member of forum" thing? Probably the same with any other restriction messages.

Content: Start here Click a subdomain on the left, or right, to see a list of latest stories, along with a list of subsections to navigate through to see older stories.

Current - The forums have a lot of older threads, but if you go through the link above you'll see lots of latest sections with up to date stories. Some of these get updated much, much more often than others due to fandom popularity.

Story Section - See content :) Basically, keep in mind the forum and the story section are distinct but connected

Anime - There's a lot of it, but I hardly ever get around to reading any of it. Lots and lots of non anime, so, no, probably not. Don't know the exact figures though.

Anyway, hope this helps and one of the administrators or moderators will likely be around later to give you a more worthwhile answer :)

I think what you'd need to do there is post just the story in the archive, plus up to 600 words of author's note. As part of the note, create and link to a thread in the relevent section of the forum here. In that forum thread you could post all of the non story material/background info for your readers to refer to(kind of an appendix I suppose?), as it is okay for that stuff to be in the forum database but not the stories archive database, including character profiles and so on. You can just have a note at the start of the story for people to keep the forum thread open on another tab and flip between the two as required.

Basically the purpose is to keep the story archive more managably sized, and the easiest way to do this is the keep it for stories only. Requests, challenges, discussions, yakking about our stories, review replies and the rest comes here in the forum.

Disclaimer - I think stories based on that type of RPG would go in video games/rpgs catagory as they have White Wolf RPGs in there. So if it was under games it would need the standard format disclaimer that you don't own Vincent Baker's Poison'd: A Pirate RPG or make any money from it.

Translations - beats me. Not sure on the policy of including translations within stories. Probably a FAQ on it, but as a barely even monolingual individual it's all a bit beyond me. Once again, when the timezone spins round I expect one of the mods'll be able to point you to a FAQ or something covering it :)

Are you writing it IN Spanish? If so, it goes to the Non English archive. Also, stories written in another language can also be posted elsewhere in the archive, in English. Those are the only exceptions to double/cross posting we have.

If you're writing it primarily in English, with Spanish and Patois as part of the story but not the primary, it's no issue.

Lists- Those would be those "stories" which are simply lists. Such as character lists, or things of that nature. Just what it sounds like.

Non Chapters- These are often used as a way to "bump" the story up in the latest updates list in the archive. This is patently unfair to the majority of the authors who DO NOT do this. Often, what you see with a non chapter is an author note only in the chapter, saying something like "updating in a few days", and the sole purpose of such a thing is to bump the story up. Other things which constitute non chapters are a chapter of nothing but character lists. Put that at the end of the chapter, or the beginning, wherever it's most helpful in your story, but not as a chapter on its own. Again, just like it sounds.

Placeholder chapters are chapters where the author adds a chapter, has nonsense in it, because they plan on going back and adding content when they have time (whether that's the next day, a month from now, or whatever). Again, the sole purpose here is to bump the story up in the latest updated list.

Author notes as stories. Absolutely not allowed. We delete those as we see them.

Searches, challenges and requests in the archive, not allowed, deleted as we find them.

You're probably wondering why, and it's quite simple. The archive database is now 7.9GB. To take some of the strain off of that database, searches, challenges, requests, story discussion (instead of in the review board), overly long author responses within the stories, have all been shifted to the forum. After all, if the database crashes, we have no archive. So, when I (and yes, it's me that sets this up for db health) say that this is what needs to be done, this would be why. This is also why it's enforced.

And please, I realize this part may seem very nitpicky, but it's a pet peeve of mine. The forum is clearly titled, each section, so that one knows where to post. This is technically a support issue, not a suggestion. Moving to the support forum.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.