Click Here!

can't remember the title of a story. help?

piantagentile

it was a free read (not sure where it was posted, on fanfiction.net or fictionpress.com, but it was probably on adult-fanfiction.org).

listed as m/m, original, AU or scific ... or anything of the sort. i believe it was incomplete.

plot: i remember the story opened with a soldier(he was wearing military clothes and had a weapon) who entered a deserted or destroyed city center (ruins everywere), where he found two boys (brothers). one of the brothers accidentaly died (to protect his other brother, if i correctly remember). both of the teens are special for the color of their eyes (violet or indigo) which states them to be a bit more powerful than their peers.

the soldier is not a common human either. he's like a super-soldier (the human race was genetically modified in a remote past or sth similar - i think there was a prologue explaining were he came from... strange names involved..): he's faster and stronger than most, and because of this, in the past, he has hurt a woman he loved causing her death. a long time has passed, but he still can't forgive himself.

then i believe the boy (the brother who survived) was severely injured, so they went to a friend's home. (his friend is a doctor and lives there with his partner).

the boy had a connection with his brother (if one of them dies, the other one dies too..), but, surprisingly, he managed to survive and to establish the some sort of bond with the 'soldier' (through eye contact).

there are funny episodes, such as reading about the teen trying to defend himself with a spoon...when he wakes up after being medicated while unconscious.

in my fragmentary memory i also remember the boy feeling comforted by the soldier presence when he was running a fever.

and in the very beginning (their first encounter) the boy managed to steal the wallet from the soldier, who didn't expect it since no-one is as fast (or strong) as he is.

indigo/violet eyes of the dead boy meant that the teen was almost equally powerful as the 'soldier' was. after seeing the boy die, the soldier blamed the other brother of his only chance not to spend his life alone (something related to his 'powers'...) slipping away from his hands

and i also remember the soldier to return to his native village and to present himself before the council, and everyone smelled from him a different 'scent' (the scent of the saved boy): to someone it was like rainbow, to someone else like forest... to the soldier it felt like 'home' and 'family'. it had a different meaning for everyone, because it reminded them of what they desided most of all.

if you ever stumbled upon this story and remember the title, write it down please. =)

it was stupid of me not to save it among my 'to check' list, and now it proves hard to find it again. grrr.

sorry for my english :P

Edited by myrt

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.