Click Here!

TYPE-MOON

NinjaGaijin

Both Shingetsutan Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night are good anime, and to make matters more relevant, because both are based on hentai games, they allow some ficable adult situations.

Also, there is a recent revival of interest towards Tsukihime due to the release of a full English patch of the game.

So... why is adult fanfic of TYPE-MOON works rather lacking?

• 5 months later...

Well, Fate/stay night anime was fairly big, but the Tsukihime anime wasn't, so much. And H-games simply aren't all that popular in the west. As such, it makes sense that not a lot of western fiction writers are going to write about it.

However, as a shameless plug, I did recently write a Tsukihime fic, Garden of Thanatos, that I put on the Misc section - I believe it's the second Type-Moon fic in that section.

With the Fate route of the FSN game translation patch recently being released and with the Kagetsu Tohya English patch upcoming, hopefully we'll see more, enough to create a Type-Moon section.

Guest Big Samurai
So... why is adult fanfic of TYPE-MOON works rather lacking?

I find the character designs a little too ... loli for my taste. Perhaps I am not alone in that? The anime and the games both have their popularity, so there has to be a reason for the lack of 'fic.

Guest Serenanna

I don't know about the girls, but I know quite a few Archer fangirls and there's quite a few fanboys on /a/ on 4chan that are known as 'GAR' for Archer after some mispelled gay when saying they were gay for Archer.

The term and Archer went on to inspire a tournament style competition on /a/ of manly man characters of this new 'GAR' archetype which Gutz won. But, there's still Archer, the original GAR. After seeing the anime, if it were possible for me to be male, I'd go gay for him too.

As for actual fics of the series . . .

The canon of that one is techincally still rolling with more games and such. And since it was a hentai game orginally with multiple paths to take, it's a question of which canon plot do you follow? The anime took one version as well, but really blended plot points of all three.

Just thinking about it makes my little headache worse. :\

Sere

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.