Click Here!

Tongue Piercing

Iggy_lovechild

I used to know this but I seem to have forgotten. How long until after the tongue is peirced before it's...um...usable again for sex-type activities. I can't recall if the wait period is a few days or at least a week.

*sighs*

For the record, it's not really for me, just something I'm toying with for a story (and for a smart-assed remark at that. I'm nothing if not thorough I guess. rolleyes.gif ).

I would probably wait a week. The healing process just depends on the person. When I had mine pierced, it took awhile for the swelling to go down. If you're a smoker, it takes longer. You drink lots of liguids and avoid things like spaghetti (and forks rolleyes.gif) Although, I knew a kid who got his tongue pierced and was eating pizza that same night, crust and all.

If your character only waits a few days, I would highly recommend mouth wash biggrin.gif

I'd give it a week at minimum, maybe two. It's not just about the swelling going down but also the whole healing up enough to handle such, ahem, strenuous movements. Then again, I'm not much of an expert when it comes to piercings, since tattoos are more my forte.

Hey, it's cool that you want to know. I once read a fic in which a guy got his dick tattooed and pierced and was having sweet, passionate sex the same evening. It just doesn't get any more clueless than that...

Hey, it's cool that you want to know. I once read a fic in which a guy got his dick tattooed and pierced and was having sweet, passionate sex the same evening. It just doesn't get any more clueless than that...

rolleyes.gif Oh good god. What the fuck? Some people shouldn't be allowed to put pen to paper. That's almost as bad as yaoi badfic writers' amazing lubricating assholes.

Anyway thanks, I was almost entirely sure that it was indeed a week but I wanted to make double sure.

well, here's my two cents.

my ears had to wait a week to ten days before putting in regular earrings, and they hurt like hell trying to grope around finding the damn holes, so if the tongue is any different (larger organ, made of muscle) I can imagine it takes a tad longer than a week to ten days! Plus I've heard that there's a much higher risk of infection.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Ah yes, true. I'll think about that. It's been awhile since I got my ears peirced and I haven't gotten any other peircings since. I'm not fond of pain or needles (I know, they use machines that make it quicker these days but...I don't know. I'd prolly still freak out).

Well, considering that my all my friends who got their tongues pierced couldn't handle solid food for up to two weeks without extreme pain, I'd say at least three weeks. You also have to factor in how long it generally takes them to heal, how well their body takes to foreign objects, and how regularily they make sure to use mouthwash. Also, don't forget how suseptible they are to infection. That's another thing to factor in.

Wow, I thought you were going to say a guy got his penis tattooed and pierced so he could more accurately write fanfiction! I was going to say, "That's one dedicated author!" wink.gif

I agree, it's good that you're wanting to make sure you know what you're talking about before writing something, especially if it applies to the real world. If only more people would do that, AFF would be a better place.

I agree with those people who say you'd want to wait a little more than a week. Maybe two or three weeks.

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
Wow, I thought you were going to say a guy got his penis tattooed and pierced so he could more accurately write fanfiction! I was going to say, "That's one dedicated author!" wink.gif

I agree, it's good that you're wanting to make sure you know what you're talking about before writing something, especially if it applies to the real world. If only more people would do that, AFF would be a better place.

I agree with those people who say you'd want to wait a little more than a week. Maybe two or three weeks.

Ugh, slash has some of the WORSE cliche's... pinch.gif Mainly due to the fact that these people learned to write slash fiction from other slash fiction as opposed to doing actual research on the subject. Some of the things people write...

Well, considering that my all my friends who got their tongues pierced couldn't handle solid food for up to two weeks without extreme pain, I'd say at least three weeks. You also have to factor in how long it generally takes them to heal, how well their body takes to foreign objects, and how regularily they make sure to use mouthwash. Also, don't forget how suseptible they are to infection. That's another thing to factor in.

laugh.gifRight on. The longer the better. *sniggers* More it makes sense with the protest.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tongue piercing and a friend who does them and has to be licensed to do them. They tell you to wait six weeks for sexual activities for a good reason, any foreign tissue not your own can cause a severe infection and you will end up taking it out and starting all over again. This is why I waited to get mine until my husband was deployed. You can start sooner but you run a lot of risks by doing so. It is up to you.