Click Here!

Link to Your AFF Archive Profile

Silynara

I've wanted to do this for a long time myself but even these instructions haven't worked for me: I've had my Website URL set to http://cartoon.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296883627 since before the board was upgraded (and it shows up correctly on my profile page), but my AFF Author Page always links to the anime section of the archive. (Could it be related to the fact that it's listed under "Previous Fields"?)

I checked under every option in "Settings" and "Profile" and can't find anything remotely similar to "Link to Your AFF Archive Profile:" (and yes, I went away from "Change Profile Information" and back again as you wrote). I even searched for the word "anime" under each option, but no luck there either. :(

Maybe the option is only available to administrators, moderators, or some other group level. If you want, send me a screen capture of what you see and I'll send back my version.

It's actually right justified in the cell, like the rest of the data there. The problem you're seeing, is that it's parsing the link data, without there being a label preceding it. Just as the other items process that data, and show it to the right. What's on the left is a label, EXCEPT the profile link.

I'll have to search through the skins and find where that's controlled.

In the skins, the text on the LEFT is a label of what is parsed from the database. On the right, is the actual data that was parsed.

Except for the link. As it's a custom field, it parses and displays, without having a label. So it's to the left as well.

What that means, is that I have to go through the profile skinning options and find where that's controlled, and tinker.

Without having the forum pull data from the archive database, no. As the two programs are incapable of being bridged as it is. What you're talking about would be rewriting an entire subroutine within the files which control the skinning options. It's just as likely that by doing that, I'd make something not work right in the forum.

What I can look in to, is the possibility of making a hook for the custom field instead. A hook, once written, can be enabled/disabled, without causing problems throughout the forum. However, that's very low on my to do list.

The quickest fix, is a formatting fix, within the skins. Again, you're talking a fair bit of time tracking down exactly WHERE in the skin I have to do this.

It works in posts but not on profile pages (text instead of a link).

This isn't a big deal, but I just noticed that the Archive Profile field in users' profiles shows the text for the link instead of a clickable link. (I notice that it was moved from Previous Fields, I think, so maybe that's related.)

Again, no big. I just wanted to make sure you knew.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.