Click Here!

Ootp Cut Scenes

NightScribe

Out of boredom, I hit a couple of HP fansites, which are mostly geared towards kids. Anyway, I guess news has come out about some things being cut from OotP. And these fans are not happy. Seems like the Quidditch stuff and Dobby the house elf are not in the fifth film. To which I say, thank Merlin. Focus on the darker, more important stuff (Dementor attack on Dudley, Snape's worst memory, etc.). It's kind of funny though, reading their comments. Some are really riled up about all the cuts made from the last couple of films. I don't belong to any of those sites, so I couldn't leave a comment but consider this:

Gone With the Wind was a monstrously long book. My old paperback copy is somewhere around 1,025 pgs long, and that's the tiny print used back in the day for paperbacks. The film adaptation clocks in at what, 3 to 3-1/2 hours? And it's considered a classic. But talk about deleted scenes!

I know cuts from GoF have already been discussed, the biggest bummer being "Hi, I'm Severus, and I'm a Death Eater" (that was totally unjustified, let's face it). So my question is, as an adult, are you all broken up that Quidditch and Dobby will be missing from the fifth film?

Actually, I'm more riled up over there being no Bill Weasley! And Cho... Cho was there and now she isn't! Then again I'm sure the screen writer is more focused on the main plot and less on the little side stories. Quidditch was important in the OoTP, wasn't it? I mean, Umbridge(spelling?) kept Harry from the pitch didn't she?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.