Click Here!

Possible disclaimer issue

JayDee

I am sorry, I looked and couldn't see a better forum to raise this in - it isn't really a FAQ, and the first part is disclaimer related.

Regarding Star Wars, you now have under movies the section "Star Wars (All)" - and looking under the two comics areas(Marvel, Black Horse and probably others have done comics), Tv, books and games I cannot see any other sections for the various Star Wars expanded universe(EU) media (except a single video game section) - so is this meant to be inclusive of the non movies Star Wars, or will the non-movies based stories be moved into Star Wars EU sections at a later date?

I am asking because after the recent raising of a disclaimer issue on one of my stories I realised I had not updated my oldest posted stories to the new disclaimer system. Spent an hour or so yesterday just on one really long crossover, and then realised that a story which - in 2007 - went in the Star Wars movies section, is really heavily based on a character of the EU New Jedi Order books rather than the movies. There do seem to be a few other EU based stories in the Star Wars movie area which is why I am wondering if that is the intention, or if they are to be seperated at a later date.

This is a disclaimer issue because to cover the fandoms as accurately in other domains stating non ownership of Star Wars movies would miss out on the books/comics/tv etc.

I am somewhat concerned about my old story being deleted instantly now that I have mentioned it for possibly being in the wrong subdomain but I guess it's worth it to get it clarified for other Star Wars EU based stories!

Actually, old stories are not instantly deleted. That's the new adds. The pre-existing ones, before the clean up, I move. You bring up a valid point, in that the Star Wars comic might be best with the rest of the Star Wars movies stuff. Except I am trying my damnedest not to have to move a ton of stuff. LOL.

I'll look at it, and see where it works in overall structure of things, because if I move Star Wars (EU) stuff, that's going to involve cartoons, comics, and games as well (the subdomains).

As to the disclaimer, when it's in a subdomain involving many titles, you disclaim it by the title, and you're fine.

Ahh, phew - no insta deletion! I guess Star Wars section remains the place for it at the moment then, with the EU source additionally disclaimed. Thanks for the fast reply.

There was live action Star Wars TV as well (the Christmas special) as the cartoons, games, books and two different comics publishers so with all the confusion of different media using same characters and the section really not being too large It would certainly make sense to keep all the Star Wars stuff together and not have to move everything - it has worked so far!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.