Click Here!

Test My Novel

englishwitch

I write for both AFF and as a way of life. I try and write books and have done since I was 13. Over time and through practical experience I have writen and re-writen several stories. but none more so than that first great idea I had when I was 13 that convinced a life of writing was for me.

Now I feel that I have hit my peak, that my abilitycannot get any better so this draft of the novel I'm writing now, is the last version of it I will write. After it's done I'm just waiting to get it published.

AFF has helped me a lot over the last couple of years through the feedback people have given my fics. Once this story is complete I will be sending four sample chapters to the publisher and I'm just wondering; is it a good idea if I place those four sample chapters here on AFF in the originals section? I would only keep them up for a month or so to gage a reaction to the work.

Do you think it's a good idea, or do you think that my serious writing (the book) and my hobby writing (the fics) should remain seperate?

Never say you've hit your peak. It's creative blasphemy. You can't know what your peak is until you've hit the slump afterwards and stay in that slump for a significant amount of time.

As for a testing audience. don't post the chapters online on any public site. You'll just have a potential copyright suit on your hands afterwards. I think it's a better idea to have someone you know and trust in real life to criticize your work, if you want someone to comment before you mail it to the publishing companies. As it is, AFF isn't exactly full of constructive critics.

I'll go read some of your fics and leave concrit, if you like. Based on that, I can send you a PM later, commenting on what I think about your overall writing. Would that help?

I'll go read some of your fics and leave concrit, if you like. Based on that, I can send you a PM later, commenting on what I think about your overall writing. Would that help?

That sounds like a good idea. thanks.

Also i've decided not to put the sample chapters here on AFF. I'll get a friend or two to read the manuscript instead.