Click Here!

Unpopular Animes

Guest Emikochan

I've seen one episode of Black Cat, and that was one too many. Too much angst and violence for my taste.

I've seen a preview for GunxSword. Looked to violent for my taste.

How about Desert Punk (Sunabozu,) Kujibiki Unbalance, Nurse Witch Komugi or DearS?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Big Samurai

ow about Desert Punk (Sunabozu,) Kujibiki Unbalance, Nurse Witch Komugi or DearS?

I'll have to admit that I've never heard of Sunabozu. Good stumper, Quamp! Kujibiki Unbalance is a little weird to me because it's the anime-inside-the-anime from Genshiken. Nurse Witch Komugi is cracked out, especially if you like Soul Taker. Dear S -- or Dears or however that capitalization works -- is another girlbot harem-type thing, not bad if you like that sort of thing, but probably done better elsewhere.

I like talk about these series and nobody has no clue what they are. For example, TACTICS, does anybody know what it is? Has anybody heard of it? Another one is E's Otherwise, do you guys know? Or how about Karin (chibi vampire)?

Do you guys know this stuff? Or do you guys suffer the same thing i do? Telling people of series you love but they have no clue?  sad.gif

Yep, I own all three anime series mentioned and loved them all. My fave little known or forgotten series are Beserk, Tenjou Tenge and NANA

Guest Big Samurai
My fave little known or forgotten series are Beserk, Tenjou Tenge and NANA

I'm a fan of Berserk and (especially!) Tenjou Tenge (preferably in uncensored manga format, since the anime only tells a little of the story in each case), but Nana doesn't really do it for me.

ow about Desert Punk (Sunabozu,) Kujibiki Unbalance, Nurse Witch Komugi or DearS?

I'll have to admit that I've never heard of Sunabozu.  Good stumper, Quamp!

Sunabozu is Desert Punk's Japanese name. Translated, it's Suna (desert) and -bozu, a dishonorific that can be translated as punk, jerk, brat, etc.

I'd really love to see Junko (from Desert Punk) ecchi. Sadly, there isn't any that I could find... sad.gif

Kujibiki Unbalance is a separate anime, created before Genshiken. You'll have to hunt around for fansubs - it's in liscensing limbo now.

DearS (and that's how it's spelled - the S is capitalized. Why, I'm not sure.) is a cute little ecchi thing. Supposedly it was supposed to last 2 seasons, but got the axe after one.

I'm a fan of Berserk and (especially!) Tenjou Tenge (preferably in uncensored manga format, since the anime only tells a little of the story in each case), but Nana doesn't really do it for me.

Tenjou Tenge is Awsome. The reason I like itis it has an excellent mix of sex and violence with a touch of incest (not actualy just seriously hinted). Plus I admire that the women are not merely objects in the scheme of things. They are equal if not deadlier warriors than their male counter parts. And last, and most thankfully, the fan base is small and mostly male dominated which means NO SLASH!!! Small fandoms are the bomb!

Guest Big Samurai
Cyberteam in Akihabara, YAT Anshin, Photon.

BTW, I find this odd since it's a very well known series, but why the lack of My-HiME stuff on AFF.Net? There's a real treasure to be exploited there!

I tip my hat to anybody who knows about Photon. The last time I spotted that DVD was at the Rare Anime Store . (If you have never been there, you have to have a pure heart and make a wish or some bullshit like that to make the building appear, I think.)

My-Hime -- damned weird capitalization -- has only just started up here in North America. The first volume of the manga is fresh off the place, and I'm not even sure that any of the anime has been released yet, so ... give it time, it'll pick up. It has boobs; therefore, it cannot fail.

cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Cyberteam in Akihabara, YAT Anshin, Photon.

BTW, I find this odd since it's a very well known series, but why the lack of My-HiME stuff on AFF.Net? There's a real treasure to be exploited there!

I've seen some of Cyber Team in Akihabra - too much sugary sweetness for my tastes. It's about a bunch of kawaii girls that have these cute little robots that turn into hot babe warriors called Divas when they need them.)The divas were pretty hot...

Good obscure one with Photon. In the USA, it's known as Photon: The idiot Adventures. Very old but very funny. (A guy writes the word idiot in Japanese on this girl's head, and he has the same thing on his head. When she wakes up, she thinks he's been sent to be her lover. If only it would work that way in real life... ) spit.gif

I haven't seen My-HiME though.

Ah, more obscurity... how about Maburaho, MAPS, Animation Runner Kuromi or Ground Defense Force Mao-chan? (Hard to believe the last one has Ken Akamatsu's name on it!)

Guest Big Samurai
Ah, more obscurity... how about Maburaho, MAPS, Animation Runner Kuromi or Ground Defense Force Mao-chan? (Hard to believe the last one has Ken Akamatsu's name on it!)

One of my colleagues is doing a scanlation of the Maburaho manga, but I have not seen any of it myself, nor am I familiar with either Animation Runner Kuromi or Ground Defense Force Mao-chan (Akamatsu or no Akamatsu). I do know MAPS, though. It is rather old, actually. The last time I spotted it was at the local Blockbuster when that location was still predominantly VHS ... about seven or eight years ago.

Related to Maburaho: I have gotten that title confused a few times with a couple of others that may not be familiar to some, those two being Mahoroba and Mahoromatic.

Animation Runner Kuromi is a very funny one. It's by the same director who did Fruits Basket, and it's about life at a small animation studio. There are only two episodes, on separate DVDs... but it's still worth checking out.

Ground Defense Force Mao-Chan I watched only because it had Ken Akamatsu's name on it. It's about three kawaii girls having to repell a kawaii invasion force. There's also three old men who are the defense forces' leaders. Supposedly this was actually done by Akamatsu's team while he was off sailing around the world. I have to say... it stinks.

• 4 weeks later...

RaXephon is a really good anime. I don't think a lot of people have heard of it or if they have I haven't heard anything about it. But its a really well-developed series and I hope some of you guys have at least heard of it. If you haven't you're missing out.

Guest MayNeuma
I like talk about these series and nobody has no clue what they are. For example, TACTICS, does anybody know what it is? Has anybody heard of it? Another one is E's Otherwise, do you guys know? Or how about Karin (chibi vampire)?

Do you guys know this stuff? Or do you guys suffer the same thing i do? Telling people of series you love but they have no clue?  sad.gif

ME! I watched all episodes, read most of the manga, and found some good tactics fic. My favorite pairing's Haruka/Kantaro of course. But lets not dwell in that. I think the reason this series' not too known by fans because of the anime plot's that kind of a bit slow imo. Although the character develeopment's great I think total of 25 episodes is still not enogh. Plus, fans were still left in the dark of who Raitou and other villains are as well as (highlight for spoiler) about Kantarou's ancestor who had sealed Haruka inside the big rock. if they don't read the manga. I sincerely hope there'll be season 2

Anyone here read Harlem Beat manga??

-mn

Guest Big Samurai
RaXephon is a really good anime. I don't think a lot of people have heard of it or if they have I haven't heard anything about it. But its a really well-developed series and I hope some of you guys have at least heard of it. If you haven't you're missing out.

Ack! I need to check this forum more frequently. Rah Xephon is one of my favorite series; I liked it so much that I got the TV series, the movie, the 'series bible' book, the manga, and ... well, I'm still working on the novels, but I have three of the five. As I like to put it, RX is Evangelion with all the bugs removed. Great series, truly underrated.

cool.gif

Guest Gaara

Finally someone who understands the greateness that is Rah Xephon. Yeah, you're right it's definately better than Evangelion. And almost everyone I talk to who says they're into anime have never heard of it! Truly a crime. Anyway I definately recommend this anime to anyone who hasn't seen it, or in this case heard of it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MayNeuma
Definitely deserving an anime. As good as Slam Dunk, I'd say.

WOW! Finally, I found someone who read Harlem Beat as well *hugs* *tackles* *glomps* OMG, you made me unreasonably happy just by that simple statement. Ne, who's your fave chara from the manga? And yes, is as good as Slam Dunk although artwork side alone, I'd still prefer HB. If the series is really going to be animated, I might literally die due to the happiness... and broke too since I'll be spending most of money just to buy the DVD.

-mn

Guest MayNeuma

True. And I found it quite saddening that this anime's isn't as known as Evangelion let alone the Gundam Universe. I really love the artwork, it's amazing. As good as Eva imo. But if Eva mechas are imposing I'd view Rah Xephon as graceful.

-mn

WOW! Finally, I found someone who read Harlem Beat as well *hugs* *tackles* *glomps* OMG, you made me unreasonably happy just by that simple statement. Ne, who's your fave chara from the manga? And yes, is as good as Slam Dunk although artwork side alone, I'd still prefer HB. If the series is really going to be animated, I might literally die due to the happiness... and broke too since I'll be spending most of money just to buy the DVD.

-mn

*grins*

My favourite Harlem Beat character? Lets see... 'the witch' Kiriko! tongue.gif

Guest MayNeuma
My favourite Harlem Beat character? Lets see... 'the witch' Kiriko!

Lol, as scary as a devil can be, she's my favorite as well. Especially when she was blackmailing Johnan basketball club member to do her bidding or when she was joining forces with Sawamura to raise the club's fund.

-mn

Lol, as scary as a devil can be, she's my favorite as well. Especially when she was blackmailing Johnan basketball club member to do her bidding or when she was joining forces with Sawamura to raise the club's fund.

-mn

Not to mention the love-hate romance with Sakurai... she shows her feminine side in those scenes.

• 4 months later...

My boyfriend's favorite anime is Guyver which is pretty old, but released new anime dvds recently. When he talked with people regarding anime they'd say "Huh, McGyver?" rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

AH, I remember seeing trailers for Guyver. Never actually saw it myself, but they did a lot of promo screeners on it when I rented the Twin Dolls (Now retitled Twin Angels it seems), Iczelion, and a couple other hentai-ish videos of the late 80's.

Most of the series I enjoy are coming from manga these days. Back when there was a mass licensing war going on in the early 00's I was hoping they'd pick up Violinist of Hamelin (preferably the manga). But alas...that was not meant to be.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.