Click Here!

After 25 yrs trying, I'm finally . . .

Solaris

Have my permit to drive!

I took the written test today and I passed it missing only two questions.

Yes, world, look out I am now an officially able to drive with another driver in the car. First day of schooling starts tomorrow.

Beware, I am on the roads!

Beth

Congratulations! I'll be following in your footsteps sometime this year, if my gold-fish-attention-span permits... Although its kinda scary to learn to drive in a big city like Montreal - the drivers here are INSANE. I say 'insane' with love...

• 2 months later...

This coming Wednesday, I will be taking the driving part of my test. After taking 22 days of driving lessons (not every day, every other day, excluding weekends) from my mother, putting into use all of my years of watching them driving, I am finally putting their lessons into action and soon, very soon I will be a driver instead of a student.

It would have happened on September 20th, but my older brother has the white car that I had been learning in. I have been driving my dad's vehicle and a loaner for a few days. Now on this coming Tuesday, I will be borrowing my grandmother's car to drive around town till Wednesday when I will take the actual driving test itself.

Wish me luck gang, I may need all the luck, I can get.

Beth

• 1 year later...

Congratulations! I have been studying for my driver's permit to get into driving classes myself as I am now almost 24 in age and put off getting mine since I was 16 due to my doctor's hesitance from my first severe depression and then the following 2 more bouts of severe hospitalized depression with re-occurring relapses. I do go to therapy and it does help, and now I finally on my road to recovery well enough to take the driving step! I admit I am nervous about the writing portion as sometimes when stressed I can't get my words to flow right on paper.

I agree also with Kisser who says all drivers are insane because I live in Virginia within the US and quite near D.C. too; people driving here are not only insane but demented risk-takers as well. Look-out!