Click Here!

Curiosity killed the slash-writer....

WillowDarkling

I just need to get this off my chest... and it would be funny to know if it happens to anyone else.

I have a tendency to check every single one of the TOS report posts that come up when I check for new posts.

Sometimes that is enough.

But every so often I find one that make me curious and I really want to see what the violation is about....

only to see that the next post in the thread is from one of our glorious mods, and it says simply "problem taken care off"!

Which makes me pout, for a second.

I know I'm being silly and childish, and that the job that the mods are doing is so unappreciated and thankless that it's not even funny, and that TOS's aren't tolerated even for a moment.

So, thank you mods for your work, and sorry that I'm more curious than is good for my health... :rolleyes:

LOL Yes, my morbid curiosity gets the best of me too in the troll section. Especially when other sites are involved. My overly self-centred masochistic side tends to start looking, hoping, and dreading that I'll find one of my own fics being stolen/flamed offsite. I don't want it to happen to me - or anyone else mind you. Being ripped off and flamed is a terrible, inexcusable crime. But sometimes I go a little crazy and want to believe my work is being talked about elsewhere in some shape or form.

So yes, I can completely relate, but I guess I'm probably coming from a more narcissistic angle XD... oops!

hey, being a little narcissistic is fine too. I often feel that fear too...

but I think my curiosity is of a more self-esteem issue related complexities. I wonder how bad it must be to get the attention of the mods, and also I want to see what those other guys did wrong, to make sure I'm not making the same mistakes...

As for the troll section... I must admit.... I like to go troll hunting.

It's good to know I'm not alone.

Thanks all! No, it's not a fun job but someone has to do it don't they?

Lol the title of this thread made me giggle. Just wanted to post and say go you for posting a thank you to the mods! You're right we often don't think about how hard they must have to work and how unappreciated it often is so I join you in say woop woop! to the mods :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.