Click Here!

Final Fantasy Games

Squallfan

Guest Racewing

X and X-2... I take them as a whole, and I like them for different reasons, enough to the point where I can't choose.

With X, I love the Sphere Grid and the sense of scope of the story. X-2, I like the fast-paced fighting, the refreshing non-linear story system (though getting 100% can be a bit nuts) and the fact that it's the only FF that wasn't in any way a total forced angst-trip. It's the only FF that can make me consistently laugh. I didn't think that was possible in an FF without an appearance by Yuffie Kisaragi.

(For reference, I've played 5-8, Mystic Quest, Tactics, and the PS2 FFs. Skipped 9, never got around to IV :o)

Guest Big Samurai

TOP FIVE

1.) Mystic Quest

2.) Tactics

3.) IV

4.) II

5.) VIII

Objectively, however, I will say that FF6 is my pick for best in the series, though it is not a personal favorite. Disc 1 of FF7 also gets a tip of the hat, since that was pretty much one of the definitive PS1 RPG experiences.

BOTTOM FIVE

5.) Dirge Of Cerberus

4.) XI

3.) Crystal Chronicles

2.) VII (Discs 2 and 3)

1.) X-2

Guest Pepperedjack

FFTactics is the best spin-off, but I don't lump it in with the main series.

Where the main series is concerned, I'd say FF6 is my fav based on the characters and overall atmosphere/mood of the game, with FF4 possessing the best challenge and pacing. So FF4 wins the game design dept., IMO.