Click Here!

Did He Just Threaten Me?

WotanAnubis

Just this morning I recieved a very interesting little e-mail in my inbox. It goes as follows:

"I could tell the pepole at AFF that you are under age and get your story removed"

Of course, I'm 24 years old, but I realise I have no solid proof for that other than my word. Still, I wonder what would drive someone to send an e-mail like that. Did I offend somehow? Sure, some of my fics are... peculiar... in nature, but I've seen far worse. Or is this some pathetic attempt at blackmail, a desperate grasp for a bit of power?

Of course, it would be annoying if all 28 of my stories suddenly vanished, but somehow I'm not actually very worried.

I wonder... should I be?

I don't think so. first of all this person will probably have to try and prove something that isn't true; you being underage. The moderators will look into it and see that from the level of maturity that you show both here and in your fics it's most like;y that you're not underage. Anyone can see this person is just trying to scare you. if they really thought you were underage they wouldn't been sat around sening threats, they would have done something about it and informed the moderators.

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Guest Melody Fate

I'd say someone is yanking your chain.

Why? Hard to say. Maybe you pissed someone off. Maybe they're envious of your writing abilities.

Or, maybe they do have "evidence" but it's false.

1: Someone else might be using the same handle another place who is a kid.

2: Did you use this handle when you were a kid? If so, you might have left something out there that claims your age to be younger. This person might have found it and believes it's still valid.

If it were me, I'd keep a copy of the email, just in case.

If I were taking bets, I'd go with, "Creep that thinks they can make you squirm by lying."