Click Here!

So...

SteelHyaena

I might not share that sort of story as a personal taste, but I do have to say it's a breath of fresh air that even something that potentially controversial can be posted here. Makes me worry a lot less about some of the visceral horror that appears in a few of my own works. Do original works get attention as well? Sometimes, I have a story chunk that needs to come out that is not connected to a fandom.

There are plenty of original works that get a lot of attention! Femslash is the less popular section, what with all the slash running around, but I've seen plenty of general and het fics with 10 chapters and already near 500 reviews. But I'd tell you to do what I did: don't expect anything right off the bat. Everything that you may receive will then blow you away.

I have to agree with you, too. Compared to some of the things posted here, my erotica can be considered mild at best. It makes me feel more comfortable writing my explicit scenes knowing that there's always someone out there who has written far more shocking and controversial scenes.

Good to know and good advice, too. I am working on deadline right now, but I will see if I can get a couple of my short pieces upā€”things I don't have an intended market for. My main manuscript is going to have to be something I keep to myself for now. I have to be careful with things I actually intend to sell.

Good luck with your deadline! A friend of mine has been working on publishing a story that she already posted on FictionPress, but it's the smaller version of her completed work, more or less in one-shot form. She kept it there as a "teaser" for her future book. But I understand your caution. I have a story that I intend to publish one day, too. But because I love writing it, I end up creating these little spin-off one-shots.

On a completely random note, I love your signature. Hopefully my German isn't as rusty as I fear, but it says: "The sun doesn't rise, but winter doesn't come." right? Although that's me being literal in translating. In any case, I just really love it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.