Click Here!

Tollerance? Bah, We'll Just "cure" Them!

Guest Melody Fate

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi
At my school you're gay until proven straight.

rolleyes.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

It's the same in my school. There are 1500 students, and of those 1500 only like... 150 are guys. Of them, there are only about 50 straight guys.

Of the 1350 girls I think only about 100 of them claim to be completly and utterly straight.

Guest Serenanna

This reminds me of the Fashion Design department from my college. There were only about 3 male student in the whole department of like 100+ students, and you could tell exactly that 2 of them were gay, but the last one? We never knew till the last year when a bunch of us cornered him and point blank asked him. He swore up and down that he was straight . . . he just didn't have a girlfriend.

If I remember correctly, there was a study on this that did rate sexual orientation on a scale, with hetero and homo on opposite ends and everything in between in shade of bi. There's probably an online survey somewhere you can take to determine it. I think I took it and rated about a 2 or something, whatever was pretty close to straight as an arrow. It doesn't surprise me. My first couple of drawing classes with nude models, I nearly creamed myself when this hot guy with tattoos all over one arm and shoulder disrobed, and I couldn't stop staring. The pretty girl we had next time did nothing for me. That's exactly how I knew I was straight.

But then again, I can look at mounds of hentai, but get more turned on by straight sex than yaoi or yuri. Same thing in fics, but then again, I'm also a stickler for canon. But then again, you have to have an appreciation for both genders to like it I guess. If I didn't like something in the female form at all, I wouldn't write it now would I?

Sere

I can understand what these people are trying to do with this site. They're trying to show homosexuals that they are just confused while at the same time, destroy the one ring

And if all you people think destroying the One Ring is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Anyway, I don't get offended from things or people like this. I've come to terms that logic is not a factor and arguing that everyone is who they're supposed to be woud never work.

A guy I knew who believed himself to be a prophet once asked me how I thought a homosexual relationship could possibly work. There must always be a submissive and a dominant, he said, and the man must be the dominant. So if there're 2 men, who's the submissive?

It was around this time that I stopped arguing. I won by being sane. Go me. If you can look at this in a sane and logical way, then go you. And stuff.

I'd love to see a homo-anon meeting, though...

biggrin.gif Me at a Homosexuals Anonymous meeting...

Man: Hi, my name is Tad, and I've been a homosexual all my life...

Rest of Room: Hi, Tad

Tad: I realized that I had a problem when I blew that guy in the bus stop restroom...

'Counsellor': Yes, and the first step to a cure is admitting you have a problem, Tad.

Tad: Yes , I understand that now. I see that homosexuality is against the mandate of Heaven...

Me*raises hand*: Umm, excuse me?

'Counsellor": yes, what is it?

Me:Why is God such a homophobe? You do realize the implications of that, don't you?

'Counsellor': What are you trying to say?

Me: Well, think about it! The Big Guy hates homosexuals, wears fabulous clothes, and lives in Heaven with a bunch of handsome, muscular male angels. There's something rotten in Denmark.

'Counsellor': What?!

Me: All I'm trying to say is that those angels are doing more than singing God's praises, if you know what I mean...

laugh.gif

And then you'd get ooted out on your ASS!

I was once in a chatroom and stated that the human race was born in Africa, as theorized by many leading scientist.

A chick replied to this with "If you studied theology you'd know that you were wronge."

blink.gif

Uh, what the shit does the study of religion have to do with the origins of the human race?

Bet she beleives the Earth is flat, too biggrin.giftongue.gifrolleyes.gif

And that dinosaur bones were a part of a plot against God to make people belive in Evolution instead of Creationism.

^__^

Guest Mike256bit

I went to a youth church camp when I was a li'l boy and I remember one of my bunk mates telling me that "carbon dating only tells us how old things are." And I'm all, "Uh, yeah." He went on to say that God can make things seem as old as He wants. Which struck me as a little odd. Why would the Grand Creator purposefully make a bone over 65 million years old? When the Book says this whole crazy place came in at around 6,000 years ago?

Either He's got a penchant for toying with mortals and causing theological unrest or it's a major flaw in logic. Not. Buying. It.

I swear, that camp was Brainwash Central. They surrounded you with so much Christian love that it was hard to not want to belong. I remember the video they showed us that virtually said we (read: good Christian folk) were not allowed to be friends with non-Christians because it's not okay to accept another's religious beleifs.

laugh.gif X 10000

I, um, I don't go there anymore for some things I said. dry.gif

*screams and runs away* IT'S FOLLOWING ME AROUND!

StoryJunkie, sweets, I think you need to stop eating mushrooms you find in your backyard...

Guest Tsuzuki

Um- have I missed something, or has nobody commented on the screwed up logic that somehow one person's freedom somehow means other people are not free? As is "My freedom is gone because I am not FREE to SUPPRESS YOU?" Isn't that what they are saying? They aren't free to suppress homosexuality in others?

Does anybody see the cognitive dissonance there?

Um- have I missed something, or has nobody commented on the screwed up logic that somehow one person's freedom somehow means other people are not free? As is "My freedom is gone because I am not FREE to SUPPRESS YOU?" Isn't that what they are saying? They aren't free to suppress homosexuality in others?

Does anybody see the cognitive dissonance there?

Everyone does (or I'd like to think they do...). I didn't mention it because I figured it was pretty much a given.

This is an age-old subject that I think many people are tired of stressing over. As long as there are people with free will, there will be people who will want to force their will on others. We can cry, bitch and moan about it but in the end, we're kinda doing the same thing we hate. It's generally accepted that forcing your opinions down someone elses throat it WRONG! However, we do it all the time. Yelling at people for pushing their opinions is rather b-ass-ackwards, don't you think. If everyone could just agree to disagree and understand that everyone's personal opinions had a chance of being wrong, including their own, the world would be a much nicer place.

However, I believe this is impossible. Everyone wants everyone else to believe what THEY believe. Everyone believes differant things. See how this get's tricky?

So, in the end, bitching about someone itching about not being allowed to supress another person is rather pointless, especially when you're basically preaching to the choir.

The church IS a cult. Think about it, all these people rally together in a building to be lectured at about what God wants of them.

I dunno. I learned a long time ago (okay, not realy tongue.gif ) that just because a book told me to do it doesn't mean I should. And really? Who the fuck is ANYONE to tell me what is right and wrong? As long as I'm not ashamed of what I'm doing, it doesn't bother me.

As the Wiccan statement says: "And thou hurt none, do what thou wilt" That's real freedom, man.

Ah, the love of Wicca<3

Everytime I'm on the train and see those "Jews for Jesus, Jesus for Jews" ads it makes me want to make a "Witches for Jesus" ad. happy.gif

nikolatesla1

I couldn't care less if anybody else believes the way I do, which is why it annoys me so when other people try to shove their opinions on me. I once had some stupid bitch try to convert me when I was at the beach. Man, did I want to smack her in the chops. And when I was at a beauty parlor waiting for my other half to finish getting her nails done, some woman comes up and tells me that I shouldn't be reading that Harry Potter book, because it had witchcraft in it and God wouldn't like it. I lowered the book, looked her right in the eyes, and said: "I am a pagan who believes in witch craft, so it's really not an issue for me" she backed off right quick, I can tell you. I get so sick of Christians dumping their opinions and beliefs on me as if they have the right to do so. I'm like, "Hey, I don't try to get you to convert to paganism, so why the hell are you ranting at me about Christianity?" I've seen cults with less persistent recruiting tactics than the church.

I won't say anything about anyone's belief system or their opinions of things or what have you, since I've seen so many varied opinions out there on the subject. I've seen things that would give me pause before opening my mouth, since, well, quite frankly, they would probably think I'm insane. But I heard that too, about the HP books, that the Pope condemned them or said something negative about them, so that's probably about the time anyone would have been vocal about it. Well, let him believe so, if he believes it, I've read one or two, but my feet are solidly on the ground. The church has traditionally been against anything secular, and I would venture to guess that anyone who tries to live a holy life would probably stay away from anything like that. But, I mean, that's their job, right?

What do you think? Even the Buddists say that whatever goes into your body becomes a part of you, so be careful what you put into your body. I would think that this rule would apply to books, movies, indecent conversations and anything else suspect.

Maybe I'm too far off base here, considering the sort of forum this is.

What do you think? Even the Buddists say that whatever goes into your body becomes a part of you, so be careful what you put into your body. I would think that this rule would apply to books, movies, indecent conversations and anything else suspect.

Maybe I'm too far off base here, considering the sort of forum this is.

Not really. Everything you read/watch/listen to has an effect on you. It becomes a part of you depending on how much you love it.

For instance, there's a series of comics by David Mack called Kabuki that I'm desperatly in love with. It's a major part of my life.

However, where this series has a lot of bloodshed and the like as a way of dealing with said issues, I don't. i think the blood is cool, but it's not going to influence me to go stab people.

Just like Harry Potter books didn't make me study witchcraft. Hell, I started studying long before I even knew who Harry Potter was.

It really depends on how literally one interprets such a thing.