Click Here!

Favorite Cartoon

englishwitch

My favorite series cartoons were Thundercats and He-Man. I also watched Alvin and the Chipmunks fairly religiously.

As far as cartoon movies went, I was a huge fan of the anime Little Mermaid, Secret of NIMH, Poochie, Fantasic Adventures of Unico and The Last Unicorn (still am, actually...)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, I love the cartoon movies - mainly anything pre-95'. I've watched Ferngully religiously whenever I've had the chance to rent it. (I haven't seen NIMH in forever though.... sadness.)

I live forever in hope that they'll re-release them onto DVD like they just did Labyrinth.

• 2 years later...

:lol: Lets see *looks around* ok coast is clear. i was one of the only males i knew who loved sailor moon for the plot.

then their was any cartoon on nick, but then my big bro showed me the light that was ANIME :)

Then it was all about

Gundam

Tenchi

Flame of Recca which is still awesome to this day.

pokemon

digimon

i have no fav so me any old-school saturday morning show and i'll love it

• 1 year later...
Guest dwitefry

Shark Attack (and similar one involving dinosaurs, but I can't remember the name to save my life)

Shark Attack was called Street Sharks (which i thoroughly enjoyed) the spin-off you're thinking of is Extreme Dinosaurs (which i didn't enjoy that much).

Anyway we (me and mates) have been chatting about this, the list so far - in no particular order - for me is:

Batman: The Animated Series

Reboot (it counts!)

Sonic the Hedgehog (or Sonic SatAM)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 (i loathe most of the 1980s/90s series)

The Animals of Farthing Wood

Gargoyles

Animaniacs

Tiny Toon Adventures

The Powerpuff Girls

We're debating The Real Ghostbusters, because while it was great at the start it got VERY weak near the end, which is why we totally dismissed South Park and the SImpsons. We couldn't decide if Pingu counted or not. - also worth mentioning - The Magic School Bus, Beast Wars, Thundercats, Where On Earth is Carmen Sandiego, Darkwing Duck, Dangermouse, My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic, Aah Real Monsters, Dr. Zitbag's Transylvania Pet Shop, Bucky O'Hare & The Toad Wars, Freakazoid, Galaxy High/Gravedale High, Scooby Doo Where Are You? and my personal guilty pleasure - Mummies Alive!

Yes we get bored easily :)

• 3 years later...
Guest Soulvanguard

Favorite shows back in the day

I enjoyed Ronin Warriors or in Japan known as Tokyo Samurai Troopers (personally in this case english title sounds better), Thundercats, Swat Cats, DBZ, and Megaman. I also really enjoyed Fate Stay Night (not the first anime but the Visual novel) and am happy that they made Unlimited blade works movie and are now doing a anime (currently airing and looking good) for it now.

Anyway speaking of Fate Stay Night, I had something of a idea Dark lemon story for those who know the series and are interested in doing something like this.

This story with Rin is something of a Dark Fantasy that I have always wanted to see after going through VN to which her character annoyed me.

Though honestly Rin has always somewhat rubbed me wrong way for one reason. With said Dark Fantasy here it is for those interested.

I don't believe you need much canon knowledge from this except a decent grasp on her character. If you have questions about this and that, I can

easily supply with answers as I'm quite knowledgeable about series, characters, and mechanics of how magic work.

The idea goes after UBW good end going wrong with that while in ClockTpwer (a magus organization with loose morals not to mention bigotry and racism towards asians) Shirou’s Reality Marble gets discovered and he is forced on the run lest he get dissected so they can find out how he did so (forbidden magic which has only been achieve 7 times in human history).

Rin unable to sustain Saber (basically super powerful familiar who is spirit of King Arther albeit female and has actual body) on her own is forced to find someone else to help her with it (needs a lot of additional energy and other methods don't produce enough, aren't quick enough, or just impossible) . After much searching she finally finds a male OC (a magi from moderate noble family) to take Shirou’s place but he has a peculiar fetish.

Chikan which basically means any form of unwanted public molestation. It does not specifically refer to trains, or rubbing, or outright groping but

in this case it does involve trains and doing it while midst in public unnoticed. Rin is reluctant to do this but as time is running out for Saber and she has no choice she ends up agreeing but ends up bringing in a magical contract.

One even more merciless version of a geis is a Self Geis Scroll. It is a written co ntract upon a scroll of vellum that would appear as only meaningless figures and well made patterns to those who are not magi, it is a curse that directly binds the magic crest of the target. How it works is a signature of the declarer is signed in blood and infused with prana to show that the spell has been established and activated. The contract lists the target of the binding magecraft, an oath from the target, and the conditions to accept the contract. Once the conditions are

fulfilled, the target will give up part of their free will, and the contract will be confirmed as an unbreakable curse. It forcibly uses the functions of

the targets' Crests upon themselves to enforce the contract, and it is a power unable to be erased by any method in theory. Even if the caster's life

is lost, the Crest would bind the soul of the dead man and not pass down to future generations. It is a very dangerous magecraft made for the treacherous society of magi where a contract involving offering a maximal concession that absolutely cannot be disobeyed is required.

Of course male OC would blanch at this but in the end agree to it. Contract would basically stipulate how he is unable

to verbally talk, mentally project, write, or show in any form of magic about this deal and keeping Saber’s existence a

secret. Considering Rin’s nature she’ll probably ring out dozens of other little things that would probably give her

some benefit like having him help with monetary needs for her research to certain extent, only she decides what days it happens, support her

politically in whatever capacity he can within reason that doesn’t threaten him or family, and so on. Still he ends up agreeing and in response his demand is that whenever they do have sex after fulfilling tantric sex ritual he can still go as long and rough as he wants while on the train while having sex, and that Rin has to wear erotic lingerie on these days. Thus Rin ends up agreeing and then adhering to document Rin would have to go through molestation and sex on train probably once or twice a week from now on and just to say yes there would be people around so there is fear of getting caught but as they are magi worst case scenario they can simply erase people's memories even should they get caught.

However OC male magi knows a loophole and exploits it for all its worth like any true magi would. In Rin’s contract it says he is unable to talk how he is unable to verbally talk, mentally project to someone or something else, write, or show in any form of magic about this deal and keeping Saber’s existence a secret. What Rin didn’t know is that he recorded everything that was discussed with cellphone that was on leading back to

recording device back at home. Magi typically are horrific with technology and abhor using it but that doesn't mean all of them are. Rin is not which is why she overlooked this glaring oversight. Thus after he gets bored of original setting (which wouldn’t take long) he

ends up bringing tape up which reveals everything about deal as well as Saber pushing Rin with her back against wall

as this getting out would ruin her as well as put Saber in great danger. Thus he then makes her sign his own Self-Geis Scroll which cancels out hers and essentially puts Rin at his beck and call willing to do anything he pleases. Of course she would force him to make certain stipulations.

The protection of Saber of not revealing her existence to Clock Tower lest she be dissected (they would because of her having Saber and not handing her over) and him unable to tell anyone about this deal or what they do in any method possible (it also goes without saying that Rin can't seek out some way to kill him or plot his downfall in anyway)

He agrees with first but not completely with second. After much arguing Rin agrees to let him bring three of his friends into this in exchange for some minor benefits she manages to wring out, their secrecy and discretion, and as well as fact they can only do things to her when her personally verifies to it. Thinking on it Rin considering her skill ability to negotiate might have this only last for so long like a year or two still though she would have to endure whatever OC desires for that time period for both Saber and her sake.

Thus Rin’s hell begins and she is brought for some midnight fun in train with group she has to attend and satisfy.

Well if group is to much, I'm fine with it with just being OC and whatever he may desire though.

Well this was idea anyway.

If any of you know of anyone interested in taking this up or will to attempt it please let me know in the

Fate Stay Night Dark Lemon Challenge Featuring Rin forum I set up a few days ago. Just type it in search and it should pop out pretty easily. Even if you just type Fate Stay Night, it's not that hard to find.

Please and thank you I would appreciate any help in spreading word.

• 6 months later...

My favorite cartoon as a kid was SpongeBob SquarePants and I still watch it to this day. While it's gotten alot of hate in the later seasons, some how each episode manages to keep my attention and laugh at least once even on my worst days.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.