Click Here!

Mean Forum Moderators

Guest chibi4president

Guest chibi4president
ph34r.gif Has anyone here ever heard of this site called MediaMiner? It's like AFF in that you can post fanfiction there, but it's not limited to adult fiction. I visited there before I came here...big mistake. Posting my fic (the same one as i plan to post here) was no problem. Now I wish I could delete it, along with my account and everything. I made the mistake of posting MediaMiner's forum before I read their big long list of rules, and found myself being flamed multiple times by a really, REALLY rude moderator. He even threatened to kick me off the site forever! I was shocked! I got chewed out for promoting my fic "shameless self-promotion", they called it, posting on an old forum that no one had posted on since 2003, putting a picture on there, and I cant' even remember what else. I sent a message to this particular moderator asking him why he was so mean. Those people at MediaMiner should be made to know that they don't have to be mean to people to get them to listen and go by the rules. Has it ever occured to them that they have TOO MANY rules? I understand that they want to make it a comfortable environment for everyone, but chewing people out for being new and not knowing is a totally different story. Maybe it's not all of them, maybe it's just this particular moderator, but this experience has made me never want to visit there again. I think they should be SUED! mad.gifmad.gif I hope you guys are nicer than those moderators at MediaMiner. You are, aren't you? unsure.gif

Nobody here is mean. IF you do something wrong, however, you will be told. It's always a good idea to actually read the TOS before signing up to any site, tho. You never know what's lurking out there on line. Could be a shark. Could be a whale. Could be a minnow. Could be a sea monster. Like those 16th century maps. When the cartographer didn't know what lay beyond a certain distance, he put: "There be monsters here".

Guest yamsham
I hope you guys are nicer than those moderators at MediaMiner.

Wow. You got smacked down good! If you think that Sueric is tough, I pray you don't run afoul of Dan. He will make you wish you'd never heard of the internet (I'm not kidding, either, believe me).

Mediaminer is a good forum. Lots of fun to be had. But it's been around a long time and the mods have seen every form of online idiocy imaginable. They're very big on rules. Thread necromancy on the order of what you did (replying to a THREE YEAR OLD post) is like waving a red cape in front of a bull.

Guest chibi4president

Sorry about posting my topic in two different forums. biggrin.gif I'm really new to this whole forum concept. Is there a way to take my topic off of one so I don't irritate anybody else?

Guest lightgoddess
Sorry about posting my topic in two different forums. biggrin.gif I'm really new to this whole forum concept. Is there a way to take my topic off of one so I don't irritate anybody else?

Oh hon you didn't irritate me! smile.gif It's alright you didn't know, since you're new to forums. I've been posting at forums for so long it's just second nature to point out bad or questionable 'netiquette'. You should be able to go to the other thread and in your post, on the top right of it, delete it, maybe. I can't remember if Invision board has that any more....

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

Forum mod teams can be BITCHES! There was one forum a frequented for a while where one of the mods was a christian fundie. I posted a topic about my distress over loosing Ann Rice and Head from Korn to Jesus and he EDITED my post without telling me. He then followed that up with a huge long post about my apparent anti-christianism and that whether I hated Christianity or not was not to be brought up in such a way.

And THEN he decided to PM me telling me why he changed the post.

I got him to change it back by sending HIM and SCATHING PM telling him he had no business telling me where my faith lies and that he overreacted (believe me, it was in MANY more words. MANY!)

If anyone wants to see it I'll post it or PM it to them... of course, that's if you particularily LIKE seeing stupid people get ripped into....

Oh, wait, I just remembered which forum this was ^___^

Media Miner can be harsh. I've been mod-slapped a couple times (once by Crimson. That was a harrowing week of worrying about whether or not I'd still be on the forums) there for doing stupid shit. Sometimes I'm brain dead and early on, I really didn't know what to do on a real forum, having only hung out on privately owned stuff made by friends who didn't give two shits about a whole lot of rules.

Not to sound cruel, though, but there is something you must understand about mm.org: If you fuck up once or twice, you'll get mod-slapped but not kicked off. Thing is, you gotta learn from your mistakes.

Fanilia can be very forgiving and so long as you're not rude, mean, or causing trouble, you won't get booted.