Click Here!

Why so empty?

Magi Kavin

I remember poking in here a year ago and this place was very much alive.. and I mean the entire forums in general. Now there's barely any activity. Is this normal? Did I miss something?

Hopefully this is in the right place. I figured this was fairly aimless.

Just seems like there should be so much more activity, yet every place I've poked my head in so far has topics near the top that're a month to two months old. Challenges/requests is damn near empty, and.. it just seems like the place has really gone downhill. Should I be concerned?

I really don't know if this is something that might affect anyone else, but I personally have found the many, many, many sub/sub/sub catagories introduced very intimidating and a real bugger to navigate through. As I say. that's just me - and I recall the forum admins and mods have reasons for the setup so I wouldn't have mentioned it except for the topic.

I remember poking in here a year ago and this place was very much alive.. and I mean the entire forums in general. Now there's barely any activity. Is this normal? Did I miss something?

Hopefully this is in the right place. I figured this was fairly aimless.

Just seems like there should be so much more activity, yet every place I've poked my head in so far has topics near the top that're a month to two months old. Challenges/requests is damn near empty, and.. it just seems like the place has really gone downhill. Should I be concerned?

All those people talking in here at that time were, for the most part, mods. They were running the place into the ground, and when they couldn't get their way, they threw a hissy fit and left en masse. It was no great loss, but it does mean less activity in the forums, not to mention a big mess that'll take an age to clean up properly. We can't make people join the forums and contribute. Every day people do join the forums, but the majority that do join rarely contribute much, if at all. But as I said, we can't force them to contribute. Hopefully more people will though in time.

Guest Sightsoblind
I wish it was more active as well. Thats why I'm not often in the forums...

AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM! If you want to see more in the forum contribute more people will see you've posted and reply etc I have LOTS of things up threads chalanges questions etc that have gone unanswered RESTART A RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!! Just do something!

Every journey begins with one step and breathing life back into the forums begins with one post.

AND THAT IS EXACTLY THE PROBLEM! If you want to see more in the forum contribute more people will see you've posted and reply etc I have LOTS of things up threads chalanges questions etc that have gone unanswered RESTART A RANDOM ENCOUNTER!!! Just do something!

Every journey begins with one step and breathing life back into the forums begins with one post.

Thats why I have been posting here in the forums. With any luck, maybe more will join/come back.

Guest Purple Lizard

Well I'm glad you started this thread, I was wondering the samething myself.

It seemed odd, but I just chalked it up to the private life of the writer.

But then again, thats why i thought this was here, so great minds could not only think alike, but be in a place where they could share alike.

Then again, I know people are busy in thier dayly lives, I can't even be here as much as I'd like.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.