Click Here!

ffnazi.net

Guest Aegrisomnia

Guest Aegrisomnia

*shrugs* Well I've seen some pretty explicit stuff on deviantArt that had nothing to do with photography; it's still there. As for the bookstore thing..........that obviously must not apply to Florida (aka The Land of Loose Morals), because the adult sections are right out in the open. I'm not sure what state you live in, but I'm glad I'm not there.

Guest DarkAvenger
If some dumb kid willingly continues on after reading the warning (yes, assuming that they did read the warning) then it's their own fault if their little eyes are blinded. Why should this site be punished? It has warnings. It's like my house; I have the classic "TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT" sign out front in nice big, bold, red letters. You can't miss it even if you tried. So if some idiot goes ahead and trespasses and I shoot him, it's not like I can be fined or jailed or anything. I put up significant warning. Isn't it the same for websites, or is AFF just a victim to double-standards?

Look at it this way.

You are the owner of your house.

You have a big honking sign that basically says do not come in my yard.

If someone violates that, you go and shoot them, as per your right (in most places anyway).

Now, we are the owners of this site.

We have a big honking sign that says stay out if you're not 18 or over.

If someone violates that, we go and kick them off, as per the LAW.

Guest DarkAvenger
*shrugs* Well I've seen some pretty explicit stuff on deviantArt that had nothing to do with photography; it's still there. As for the bookstore thing..........that obviously must not apply to Florida (aka The Land of Loose Morals), because the adult sections are right out in the open. I'm not sure what state you live in, but I'm glad I'm not there.

I live in New Mexico... however, even we are more lax than most states. Try the bible belt... you want hardcore, dead-set, against any kind of "adult" material, go to one of those states... they don't allow you to even access the stuff on their ISP's, if you're caught, your account is terminated. They don't allow adult bookstores/toystores/etc and sites online that require registration or payment cannot allow people in those states to sign up.

Hmm... I cant say I've ever found uploading very difficult at all on AFF. Type it up in word, save it as a web page, upload. *shrugs* Seems all very simple...

I suppose it could be much more complicated if one doesnt have Microsoft Word.

I know ffnazi.net has gotten lots of bad PR (deserved or undeserved) over getting strict rules on the content of stories. But as understand it, most of the stories that are removed is when someone reports it, and no one reports it most of the time unless youve got a few people with an unfriendly attitude to you or your work.

This is something I saw on Wikipedia the other day, I thought some of you might find it interesting.

"A group of teenagers calling themselves the "Author Alliance" began to go around ffnazi.net reporting thousands of stories which allegedly broke the site's Terms of Service.Its leader, GTA Jake, tackled first the Sonic the Hedgehog series, expanding into such archives as Pokémon, Animal Crossing, and The Legend of Zelda. An opposing group, led by Metaletemon27 and Arianna, criticized their methods and alleged blatant disregard for artistic freedom."

And on the issue of the age limit, I don't think there should even be an argument. You might not like the law and you might think the more mature teenagers should be allowed to read the stories if they wish but in the end it comes down to what the law is. The law says no one under a certain age and that's that, no argument necessary.

I can tell you that bookstores do try to keep kids away from things that they don't think they should read. One way is a lot of things are wrapped in plastic to keep anyone from reading it. And I remember once I was in a bookstore with a friend and she decided she wanted to try to read the kama sutra, almost as soon as she picked it up one of the workers came and asked her age then told her to put the book back because she wasn't old enough to read it. Of course this won't always be successful, just like the site won't always be able to keep minors off but the effort made to keep them off/out/from reading anything inappropriate is for the protection of the people running things.

Guest DarkAvenger
And on the issue of the age limit, I don't think there should even be an argument. You might not like the law and you might think the more mature teenagers should be allowed to read the stories if they wish but in the end it comes down to what the law is. The law says no one under a certain age and that's that, no argument necessary.

I can tell you that bookstores do try to keep kids away from things that they don't think they should read. One way is a lot of things are wrapped in plastic to keep anyone from reading it. And I remember once I was in a bookstore with a friend and she decided she wanted to try to read the kama sutra, almost as soon as she picked it up one of the workers came and asked her age then told her to put the book back because she wasn't old enough to read it. Of course this won't always be successful, just like the site won't always be able to keep minors off but the effort made to keep them off/out/from reading anything inappropriate is for the protection of the people running things.

Good for the bookstore employee for being on the ball about it. happy.gif After all, it's the law! Hence black wrapping on playboy magazines, ne?

Good for the bookstore employee for being on the ball about it. happy.gif After all, it's the law! Hence black wrapping on playboy magazines, ne?

It was pretty quick, though it could be partially due to the fact that she still looked like she was in elementary school that he picked up on it so quick smile.gif

Also I have a comment on the library issue. I worked in my college library (I know it's a bit different than a public library but it's close enough) and any adult material is kept behind the desk and checked out by us. So an underage person wouldn't be able to get to it there even if they wanted to. The library I go to here at home doesn't have any adult material that I've seen in the library, and I've been going to that library for years and years, so I'm assuming they either don't have any or they do the same as the one I worked for and keep it behind the desk until to be checked out by adults.

Guest DarkAvenger
Also I have a comment on the library issue. I worked in my college library (I know it's a bit different than a public library but it's close enough) and any adult material is kept behind the desk and checked out by us. So an underage person wouldn't be able to get to it there even if they wanted to. The library I go to here at home doesn't have any adult material that I've seen in the library, and I've been going to that library for years and years, so I'm assuming they either don't have any or they do the same as the one I worked for and keep it behind the desk until to be checked out by adults.

Our public libraries (all 7 I know of in our city) have the standard Greek/Roman Art books, education books (i.e. this is the penis, here's how it works, and here's a picture that makes your eyeballs sore just looking at it) and the "this is how you are different from the opposite sex" books. No smutty films or books or anything... *shrug* As for the college library, there are "sexually graphic" texts and some art books, but like you said, they're behind the desk and you have to give your reason for cheking them out on a little 3x5 card you fill out, lol.

I really feel for you. Have you ever tried to repost your Power Rangers fic on FF?

Already did. It's in the Mature section. Mind you, I still have the same warnings attached to it.

Then again, if the subject matter bothers them, then what the ever-loving fuck are they doing in the fucking Mature section, hmmm? rolleyes.gif

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

On the FF.net front, I have few problems with the Admin. However, I can't stand a lot of the users who act like they're 12 and leave god-awful reviews.

On the "Over 18" issues... well, this is rather simple. Legally, it's against the law for a website that contains material legally specified as NC-17 to knowingly allow people under the age of 18 onto their website. By posting everywhere that this site is NOT for children and going as far as booting all the known underagers from the site they are protecting themselves. This is nothing differant from what others are saying, however you don't seem to be willing to accept this. There is no simple "Lets bend the rules a bit" thing. Have you not been watching the news lately? Websites like this are in jepordy! A LOT of sites that contain material like this one have been fined and shut down due to an excess of children being able to acess them. Parents are in a huge roll right now trying to ban all kinds of things the sterilize the world for their children. While indeed the fact that these kids are taking the initiative to come and find these things on their own, the US is far too comfy with the idea of blaming the media for everything. That makes this risky business. Especially because this is such a famous site. It's more prominite in the public eye then most general FF sites, making it more likely to be brought up on charges of supplying adult content to a child if such a transgression where to pass. The only way I can imagine being able to get around this legally would be to require some type of verification system for the parents who wish to allow their children to enter and use this site as they wish. Alas, such a system is flimsy at best with far too many holes for it to work.

Also, someone said it would be selfish of the minors to come to this site anyway, and you didn't seem to understand. It's selfish in the sense that they are doing something that, if they get caught, can lead to the closing of the site. That's it, gone. Then, us AFF writers and readers will lose this. This place ain't called a haven for nothin'. Many of us need this to better showcase or work, others to blow of some steam. It's not that minors lessen the quality of that site, they compromise the relative safty of the site.

Guest DarkAvenger
On the FF.net front, I have few problems with the Admin. However, I can't stand a lot of the users who act like they're 12 and leave god-awful reviews.

On the "Over 18" issues... well, this is rather simple. Legally, it's against the law for a website that contains material legally specified as NC-17 to knowingly allow people under the age of 18 onto their website. By posting everywhere that this site is NOT for children and going as far as booting all the known underagers from the site they are protecting themselves. This is nothing differant from what others are saying, however you don't seem to be willing to accept this. There is no simple "Lets bend the rules a bit" thing. Have you not been watching the news lately? Websites like this are in jepordy! A LOT of sites that contain material like this one have been fined and shut down due to an excess of children being able to acess them. Parents are in a huge roll right now trying to ban all kinds of things the sterilize the world for their children. While indeed the fact that these kids are taking the initiative to come and find these things on their own, the US is far too comfy with the idea of blaming the media for everything. That makes this risky business. Especially because this is such a famous site. It's more prominite in the public eye then most general FF sites, making it more likely to be brought up on charges of supplying adult content to a child if such a transgression where to pass. The only way I can imagine being able to get around this legally would be to require some type of verification system for the parents who wish to allow their children to enter and use this site as they wish. Alas, such a system is flimsy at best with far too many holes for it to work.

Also, someone said it would be selfish of the minors to come to this site anyway, and you didn't seem to understand. It's selfish in the sense that they are doing something that, if they get caught, can lead to the closing of the site. That's it, gone. Then, us AFF writers and readers will lose this. This place ain't called a haven for nothin'. Many of us need this to better showcase or work, others to blow of some steam. It's not that minors lessen the quality of that site, they compromise the relative safty of the site.

Here here! *pats you on the back and grins* happy.gif

Guest Hentai_Plushie

*evil grin* when aff has the money, I hope they implement the closed system security that was talked about last september, the archive can handle it as well as the forums were chosen because they can integrate with such systems.... but for now who knows as long as underagers are activly caught.