Click Here!

BronxWench's Review Replies

BronxWench

Prompt: Adduced "The Gamble"

From JayDee:

You did it! You gave dialogue to the mage that allowed adduce not to be out of place - with everything from conundrum to apostate keeping it company - and then followed it with a new type of sex from the previous encounters (unless I somehow missed creative use of boats before :) ) Can almost hear the lap of the water, and other slightly fluid sounds reading it... Go you!

Thank you! Pulled this one out of my ass, actually, since I was struggling to think of how I'd fit this one in. To make it a real chalenge, I try to use the actual prompt word, and this quarter looks to be challenging! :lol:

Edited by BronxWench

Prompt: Callipygian "Sycophant"

From yukihime:

Very Morrigan. Great job!

Thank you! I have to admit, I'm quite fond of Morrigan. She's a bitch, but she's certainly fun to have around.

From JayDee:

This is one of those stories where I suspect not having played the game lets me down a little in the background, especially as Morrigan's been something of a bitparter in your prompt stories! That said, I can at least enjoy the finely crafted phrasing :)

Thank you! I hope to have a little more fun with Morrigan this quarter. Having an apostate witch with a serious deficit in people skills as part of your party keeps it interesting.

Edited by BronxWench

Prompt: Embrangled "Haven"

From Sanura:

I love the prompt, the banter was brilliant. I love how the assassin complains about climbing and yet has it in him to enjoy his job. Also the relationship between Wraith and Alistair is wonderfully passionate.

Thank you! I actually love writing interparty banter. To me, it's one of the best parts of writing, if I can use banter to cover exposition as well. :D

From JayDee:

Very first line - made me think I know how she feels, so many $%{:content:}quot;£%ing games have a similar thing. At least the Princess isn't in another castle, similar thing with "Not climbing every mountain we find would be nice." It's like they're getting self aware on all the quests :D

"Is that even a word?" Alistair asked.

bwa ha ha... I'm with Alistair!

They seem comfortable in their relationship now, more than just at ease, but secure enough making jokes about the cold feet and that. It's sweet.

Thank you! Yes, I always imaging that about halfway through all of the games I play, my party should be bitching about the endless slogging through quest after quest, some of which really do feel pointless. And yes, the Chantry boy and his elf are definitely settling into their relationship, which is a good thing considering what lies ahead. (Yes, the other constant of these games...it's always going to get worse!)

From bloodravyn:

loved

Thank you! :D

Edited by BronxWench

• 2 weeks later...

Prompt: Embrocation "Drakes and Discoveries"

From bloodravyn:

lol, sexy!

Thank you! :D

From JayDee:

Heh, thanks to not having played the first of the many definitions for "drakes" to come to mind was a male duck. I had this mental image from the title and the end of the first paragraph of Alistair being savaged by ducks having led to the slumping. Then I mentally applied dragon/drake connection and probably had a more sensible image of dragon involvement. Thought I'd share that...

They're pretty lucky actually, re-using Morrigan's mix in that manner - A lot of the real world liniment/sports equivilents would add a somewhat unpleasant sensation to the genitals based on some "sex gone wrong" threads I've read. Good thing she didn't design it specially in case they mis-used it :D

Joking aside, it really feels like their relationship has an even newer intensity now, with wonderful lines like "but one look in Alistair's green-gold eyes had Wraith forgetting the burn altogether as he rose and fell," and the very end. Every time you write these two coupling you have a new little angle, or detail, or emotional resonance... it's great stuff!

Somehow, I can see Alistair being savaged by ducks... :lol:

And yes, had Morrigan thought they would reuse her mix as a lube, she would definitely have made sure they lived to regret it! I do have a few male friends who have had run-ins of the dreadful kind with unpleasant substances, and for a brief few moments actually hoped not to live to tell about it...

And as always, thank you! :D

Prompt: Frittle "Interlude"

From Squishy:

That last line made me snortgiggle very loudly XD;; I loved this little fic.

Thank you! It's tricky sometimes to write humor, but if I made you snortgiggle, then I'm happy! :D

From JayDee:

"shellfish, dipped in batter and fried in oil" I wants me one of those fritters. Normally I only see various fruit or occasionally corned beef fritters. Give the assassin his perceptive due - I could your Wraith and Alistair using food in such a manner. Heh.

A fine prompt in the ancient tradition of protest by art I think. I may be mistaken or simply reading too much into it...

Well, if Wraith and Alistair hadn't thought about using food like that, they are now...

And yes! This was most assuredly protest by art! :rofl:

From bloodravyn:

lol

:lol: I have nothing to do with it. I'm merely the author, and my characters hijacked me!

Edited by BronxWench

Prompt: Gallimaufry "The Gauntlet"

From JayDee:

Phew! I was looking forward to this - I wanted to see someone who knew what they were doing use the word, seeing as the only one of these prompts I'd heard of so far was Embrocation... They're running a gauntlet of tests, we've got one of prompts, nearly half way now though I guress. So, high dragons - apparantly not dragons that've been hitting the bong from that terrified reaction :P

Ahem. Sorry. I can feel how much more serious this part is than the last prompt. Alistair's assrtiveness is gentle but firm, I think it really follows your previous parts well. Has Wraith really put his past to rest though? It's easy to say...

:rofl: I think their gauntlet is easier than ours. At least they get to occasionally whack things with a sword...

We'll see how well Wraith has put his past to rest, but Alistair is certainly stepping forward a bit more, and that's never a bad thing. The shy Chantry boy is staking his claim. :D

• 1 year later...

Prompt: Frigid "For Ferelden"

wanderingaddict 2012-11-11 id # 3000047000 hmm, this was an interesting read - I'd never thought of the last battle in DAO as particularly interesting (or very illustrative of the story, especially when it immediately follows Rhiodan (or whatever) leaping from a turret and taking it down from the sky. this is a nice backdrop to contrast the plans for the future, while emphasizing a couple important... hmm, like character traits? like Wraith saying that he viewed other races as "lesser" but now sees them as important as well, or that he just "caught Morrigan's eye" and left it at that. it shows his cunning and suits a character named Wraith who's a sneakier champion than, say good ol' Alli.

if you were to develop or edit part of this, it might be good to add to the Circle Magi and the knights and Eamon or whomever else is down there, explaining that the dragon couldn't leave or get to the ballistae that are pelting it to destroy them because every time it did so it exposed itself on another flank. that would just help to add some context to why Wraith and Alli are relatively unconcerned. like I said though, the battle does serve as a nice backdrop to their ocnversation.

Hey! Long time, no see! Thank you for your thoughtful review - I've always enjoyed your take on this game, and you've hit on one of the things I love and hate about writing for the prompts. I have a mere thousand words to work with. I did try and touch on the other combatants in the previous prompt piece in this series, but it is hard to keep that continuity, isn't it? One of these days, when I have the ambition, I intend to combine this series into one fiction, as opposed to a series of related oneshots, and that might help marginally. Plus then I get to tweak and edit, and make use of solid concrit like this. :D

Thanks again for taking the time to review. I love hearing what works and what doesn't! :D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.