Sign in to follow this  
Guest BJMichaels

Can't join

Guest BJMichaels

I filled in the Create Member Account area fully, hit Register, and my password disappeared, leaving all the other information there and have received no confirmation email. I tried it a second time and had the same thing happen. Is there a problem with the register function at this time?

Forum profiles need to be approved by our forum admin who lives in a Pacific time zone, so you’ll have to wait for him to take a look at this to answer your question. 

Please give it 24 to 48 hours for him to get back to you. 

Willow Darkling, forum moderator. 

There’s no record of your join request pending in the system, so I don’t know what happened but it didn’t work, so you’ll have to try again.  I will take this opportunity to point out that everyone needs an archive profile before they can join the forum.

Guest BJMichaels

Hi, I didn’t realize there were two things to join. I tried to join the Archive, I guess, not the forum.

If you have an email address from a Microsoft client (Hotmail, Outlook or Live.com) there is a conflict with Microsoft’s protocols and our archive code. Our members using those email clients have been unable to reset passwords (or create them). We’ve found that using another email client (Gmail for one) has allowed members to reset a password. Once the account has been established, you can change the email address for the account via the Control Panel of your archive profile.

Guest BJMichaels

Thanks all. The problem seems to be that I tried to only use one initial for first name. When I added more letters, I was able to join.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this