Click Here!

Babbling about Planning My Multi-Chapter-ed Story

k505

So, I love writing fan fiction, but I discovered that to complete a story, I need to known where it is going. So I break down the events of chapters in bullet points:

Example:  Chapter One: Of Men and Monsters and of the Serpents Conspiracy (Spoiler for Ch. 01 of my Story)

Spoiler

June 13th – The 9 War Mages arrive at the Ministry of Magic in London to meet with the Minister of Magic, Lady Amelia Bones, Head Auror, Rufus Scrimgeour, Aurors, Nymphadora Tonks and Kingsley Shacklebolt, and Lord Lucius Malfoy. Meanwhile, Dumbledore assigns a secret mission to Charlie Weasley and Remus Lupin to befriend and spy on Hadrian Evans, Charlie informs Bill, Fleur, Fred and George, and inadvertently Hermione and Sirius (who overhears) and they become increasingly disenchanted with Albus Dumbledore  

June 14th– Cornelius Fudge and Rita Skeeter have an interview where Cornelius tells all Hogwarts secret events from 1991 to 1995, which Dumbledore tried to hide. Narcissa Black has morning sickness. Sirius encounters Hadrian Evans for the first time since 1977. Ginny and Tom have sex (scene). Minister of Magic and the founders meets in her office to discuss legalities of Hogwarts and their intentions.

June 15th – Albus Dumbledore is relieved as Headmaster of Hogwarts, Severus and Flitwick are placed on probation, Minerva and Madam Pomphrey are fired, and Hadrian Evans is assigned the role of Headmaster of Hogwarts, which Hadrian reluctantly agrees to the position. As both the new Headmaster of Hogwarts and Duke Peverell, Hadrian requests a trial for Sirius Black with the Wizengamott.

I intend to post the entire story (when completed) on A03, before Orphaning my work there. The story posted on AFF here will be under my pen name. However, the story I am writing will occur from June 1996 to August 1998 – and I am brainstorming for more ideas. It will be very long – 1 months per ever 2 chapters or 3 chapters. It’s not fully etched out yet and not everything is set in stone. The introduction is over 9k words and it’s just beginning. 

It’s under the Threesomes/Moresome Harry Potter category and features 3Plus Abuse Anal Beast Bi Dom DP Ds FF Fingering Herm HJ Inc MF Minor2 MM MPreg OC Oral Preg Rim Solo Spank Tent Toys Violence Voy WD and a lot of breeding kink.  

I need more ideas on what to add in. I’ve got an original character who is magical royalty,  traitorous Ginny, a host of original characters, war mages, … I am willing to add in some requests people have for me… things they want to read, but can’t write….

This is so frustrating. 

• 2 weeks later...

On Archive of Our Own, Orphaning a story is essentially to abandon it. However, my intentions is to write it completely, post it, then orphan it to keep it anonymous. 

Also, feel free to email me… I have a few interesting tips on outlining a story if you’re interested. Just Private Message me and I’ll give you my email! :)

Edited by k505

• 4 weeks later...

I feel you, I have to write myself a full-on summary of what I’d like to see the direction of my fic going or else I’ll lose my intended vision/ending I had planned. I use notepad to just sit and write out the summary including whatever little details or scene/dialogue comes to mind while I’m inspired. Then, when I’m working on it I’ll add/retract and continue working those ideas/main plot points. I think it’s a great way to stay organized and would love to take a peek at the desks/notes of famous writers of large book series.

I wish I could give you some ideas that could help with what to add in but it’s not my genre of fan fiction. Wishing you the best on your writing!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.