Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

Plus they are living in her home. At the very least, this detour would give her nore bonding time with her daughter..…

And she'd probably agree just to get her old castle back.

Although is Aurora does wind up getting the elf lands like i suggested you could make a joke about her mom giving her a kingdom within visible distance from her own.

It works as a name.

Edited by Strange_idea

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

And they Are living in her home. At the very least, this detour would give her nore bonding time with her daughter..…

And she'd probably agree just to get her old castle back.

Although is Aurora does wind up getting the elf lands like i suggested you could make a joke about her mom giving her a kingdom within visible distance from her own.

It works as a name.

I admit I don't happen to recall your suggestion to give Aurora oversight of Evernight Forest, my pan had been for that to remain with king Oberon's widow queen Titania, though the idea has merit

It was.part of my suggestion for titania to be a disguise for maleficent. Remember the conrltest i suggested? Where they were conpeting ti be has Queen? The one who one bets on areas would make up a persona, send idunna out to be 'rescued' in that disguise then the sorceress in question would switch in to spend thr night.

However maleficent winds up keeping the titania persona to spend more time with aurora, and accidentally helps hiccup be a better person because he keeps running into 'titania' and she gives him good guy advice as part of the disguise. She would ultimately give the land to aurora and rule it with her after getting free.

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

It was.part of my suggestion for titania to be a disguise for maleficent. Remember the conrltest i suggested? Where they were conpeting ti be has Queen? The one who one bets on areas would make up a persona, send idunna out to be 'rescued' in that disguise then the sorceress in question would switch in to spend thr night.

However maleficent winds up keeping the titania persona to spend more time with aurora, and accidentally helps hiccup be a better person because he keeps running into 'titania' and she gives him good guy advice as part of the disguise. She would ultimately give the land to aurora and rule it with her after getting free.

That would be a possibility, though if there was someone new to the area claiming she was the queen, one would think the elves would expose the rouse... unless in this idea Titania is just a random... Did we ever figure out the proper term for a female elf? elfess?.. woelf?.. ..I admit I'm blanking on a third option...

Edited by Jwsponky

Well, mostly it would be Hiccup falling for it.

The elves would be getting maleficent back, since she grew up in the area and is something of a legend. And Aurora having been in the firest for so long (albeit asleep) with Oberon having guarded her the elves accepting her as... well not a ruler but a go-betwen between her and the overlord makes sense.

Titania's character moments would be given to maleficent and aurora, particularly mal while she was trying to keep up the facade.

As opposed to grimhilde who doesn't care if the dwarves want her in charge.

5 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

Elvess sounds nice. I've also seen she-elf

Fair enough, I admit my idea of ‘woelf’ was mainly because ‘woman’ has the ‘man’ of ‘human’ in it… and now i think I recall reading that in LOTR a female elf is called an ‘elleth’… then again Tolkien’s plural of ‘dwarf’ was apparently ‘dwarrow’...

5 hours ago, Strange_idea said:

Well, mostly it would be Hiccup falling for it.

The elves would be getting maleficent back, since she grew up in the area and is something of a legend. And Aurora having been in the firest for so long (albeit asleep) with Oberon having guarded her the elves accepting her as... well not a ruler but a go-betwen between her and the overlord makes sense.

Titania's character moments would be given to maleficent and aurora, particularly mal while she was trying to keep up the facade.

As opposed to grimhilde who doesn't care if the dwarves want her in charge.

You make a good point about Maleficent being a figure of legend, but would it be a nice legend, like king Arthur to the British, or a bad one, like the boogey man to children?..

Both. They want her back and back to her old seld, but use her to keep children and themselves in line.

An 'I want her back but i hope i meet her standards' type thing.

they've heard both versions but ehy became cobfused and combined kver the years, so there's some debate whether it's the same maleficent or which one's real. Either way they don't want to hurt the sleeping girl. Though maybe some, like florian, fantasize about waking her and using her to become king.

10 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Both. They want her back and back to her old seld, but use her to keep children and themselves in line.

An 'I want her back but i hope i meet her standards' type thing.

they've heard both versions but ehy became cobfused and combined kver the years, so there's some debate whether it's the same maleficent or which one's real. Either way they don't want to hurt the sleeping girl. Though maybe some, like florian, fantasize about waking her and using her to become king.

That would work, though I admit I’m still unsure how much of which version of Maleficent I’ll use, since ‘Maleficent’’s version does have more character to work with, but I still like the classic ‘Evil for the fun of it’ version…

Jumping topic a bit, but what if in addition to fire and lightning magic, Hiccup was able to wield ice magic to a degree, possibly justified as Cryas, one of the Netherghul an elfess with ice powers, teaching him?

Granted not much reason for this idea beyond to fill out the ‘fire-lightning-ice’ trio and because I kind of want to give Hiccup a ‘White Walker style extinguishing the flames by walking through them’ scene...

Maybe not till elsa? She'd be a better source, probably a better tacher and it'd let him surprise the hell out of the empire.

Also it'd be funny to have that scene, then cut to hiccup mentally screaming because he just felt himself burning alive and freezing at the same time and swaering never to do that again, only to groan as he immediatly has to.

You could forshadow this by him doing thr opposite to stay warm in arendale.... and accidentally turning his winter coat into a bondfire with the first try.

I don't know that maleficent was ever 'evil for the hell of it' she was pretry polite until spurned. What if you have evil malrficent, developing into the other maleficent but with flashes of evil fun? By all means hace evil fun, but it can also be fun to have her queation whih maleficent she is herself. Or play her evil tenencies for awkwardness around aurora.

Say... Aurora 'innocently' suggests an interpretaion of an evil act that makes it good and maleficent plays along.

Edited by Strange_idea

1 hour ago, Strange_idea said:

Maybe not till elsa? She'd be a better source, probably a better tacher and it'd let him surprise the hell out of the empire.

Also it'd be funny to have that scene, then cut to hiccup mentally screaming because he just felt himself burning alive and freezing at the same time and swaering never to do that again, only to groan as he immediatly has to.

You could forshadow this by him doing thr opposite to stay warm in arendale.... and accidentally turning his winter coat into a bondfire with the first try.

I don't know that maleficent was ever 'evil for the hell of it' she was pretry polite until spurned. What if you have evil malrficent, developing into the other maleficent but with flashes of evil fun? By all means hace evil fun, but it can also be fun to have her queation whih maleficent she is herself. Or play her evil tenencies for awkwardness around aurora.

Say... Aurora 'innocently' suggests an interpretaion of an evil act that makes it good and maleficent plays along.

The Maleficent idea has merit, and Hiccup setting his coat aflame by accident is rather amusing, though if he was radiating enough cold to snuff out the flames, wouldn’t that mean he wouldn’t be able to feel said flames?..

Really jumping topic because this one has nothing to do with this story idea beyond it also involves an ‘anti hero’ Hiccup, but have randomly been struck by an idea for a one shot…

What if when Hiccup was young Stoick told the him tale of how Drago Bludvist decimated the gathering of chieftains (which incidentally were called Things in real life, and are where we get the word ‘thing’) giving Hiccup the idea to study dragons with the intent to create a dragon army, though probably with methods more similar to ‘canon’ Hiccup than Drago, threatening to rain metaphorical hellfire on any tribe that threatens Berk?

Edited by Jwsponky

If he doesn't feel the flames, he's going to feel the freezing.

Eh, i dunno. There's a dissonance in his actions there (you can't be against someone threatening people with dragons but do the same thing or treat your pets calmy and gently while raising them to kill), and somone who 'threatens to rain hellfire' probably isn't stable enought to be trusted with an army capable of doing that and would have every right to be feared. This kind of things leads to EVERYONE raising dragon armies to ward off the dragon armies.

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

If he doesn't feel the flames, he's going to feel the freezing.

Eh, i dunno. There's a dissonance in his actions there (you can't be against someone threatening people with dragons but do the same thing or treat your pets calmy and gently while raising them to kill), and somone who 'threatens to rain hellfire' probably isn't stable enought to be trusted with an army capable of doing that and would have every right to be feared. This kind of things leads to EVERYONE raising dragon armies to ward off the dragon armies.

Meh, I said that this idea also involved an anti hero, someone who preforms evilish actions to achieve good, Hiccup, and would ‘everyone’ be able to do it if Hiccup never shared the secret of taming/training the dragons? 

Mainly the above idle idea came about because I’ve read a few ‘dark Hiccup’ stories, which always seem to be abandoned by the writers after a few chapters, and was struck by the thought ‘What if there was one of these stories where instead of turning on Berk, Hiccup wanted to protect it?’

Just now, Strange_idea said:

It can work. You juat need to be careful

Granted, if the story ever got to the point of Hiccup meeting Drago, while Hiccup might object, to himself at least, to acually mistreating the dragons as opposed to merely disciplining them, his main objection would probably be if Drago turned his army towards Berk

10 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

And it could be used for some self-reflection.

Had an idea. What if, as 'light' overlord, snow uses gnomes as minions?

Aye, perhaps something along the lines of “If I didn’t have the village to care about, I’d have probably turned out the same way.”

Oh those are annoying little creatures in the game… might use that as another reason for Hiccup not to trust her at first “Anyone that can command the allegiance of such irritating creatures can not possibly be a worthwhile ally.”

Edited by Jwsponky

That works. Though i imagine they'd be less insane without the cataclysm or with snow's influmec. When he meeta them without her i can imag8ne him wishing she'd be there to cslm them down.

Thought, she doesn't have them when he first rescue her, thinks she's just olayibg at being him when she first brings them up and his guardians (probabky Grimhilde) express that opinion. Hiccup likely wouldn't have seen a gnome before.

Although i can see him catching one for study and losing it in the tower.

Part of the 'corruption' cpuld be her losing control of the gnomes to the maddening magics of everlight junglr.

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

That works. Though i imagine they'd be less insane without the cataclysm or with snow's influmec. When he meeta them without her i can imag8ne him wishing she'd be there to cslm them down.

Thought, she doesn't have them when he first rescue her, thinks she's just olayibg at being him when she first brings them up and his guardians (probabky Grimhilde) express that opinion. Hiccup likely wouldn't have seen a gnome before.

Although i can see him catching one for study and losing it in the tower.

Part of the 'corruption' cpuld be her losing control of the gnomes to the maddening magics of everlight junglr.

That is a good point, though now I recall reading that according to the people who made the movie that Snow is supposed to be 13/14 years old...

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

One of the reasons she's been immortally wandering. Most of the disney girl's canon ages would make things awkwars.

This is true… and I suppose I could just say “Its my story, they’re what age I say they are”

Edited by Jwsponky

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.