Click Here!

Issues with tags auto adding first part of character name to the tags.

I was looking at the stories for Harry Potter, and any time someone had "Hermione" in their summary, the "herm" part would be cut from the summary, and added to the story tags, implying that the story has a hermaphrodite in it. It leaves behind the "ione" part of Hermione's name, though. I'm pretty sure there's a way to add "Hermione" as an exclusion to the tag adding code, but I couldn't tell you exactly how, without knowing which coding language the tagging code is in. Please, see what you can do to fix this.

I've included an image of one instance of this issue. I've checked the main "Harry Potter" archives, and they don't seem to have that issue, though there was one story that still said "Herm" as a tag, despite having Hermione's full first name.

Yes, we're very much aware of the issue. It's a very quick and simple fix that the authors can do themselves. Unfortunately, there is no easy way to write a script that will do it globally, without creating additional complications. But having had a few tags glitch in my own stories, I can say with all assurance that it takes under a minute to fix a story now. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.