Click Here!

Profile Bio Not Updating

moonsun

Hi. My user name is GogetaInu and I've noticed that when I'm logged in and looking at my profile in my account, it will show that my profile Bio has been updated but when I view my profile Bio as how someone not logged into my account, would see it, it hasn't been updated. I wanted to know why my profile isn't updating and if there's anyway my profile can be fixed to where others looking at my profile Bio who aren't logged into my account, can see the updated version of it, since the information on it is very outdated, at this point. Thanks. :)

First of all, that is not the archive profile that you have linked in your Forum profile.

And second, have you updated your account in the new system.

Other than that, I am not sure what the problem could be. One of our archive mods will be around later, and they can probably answer better than I can.

There IS no archive profile for chickenlittle. You might want to give us the urls you're looking at, so we can check this for you.

Also, you need to put a proper url in your forum profile, since that's required for forum membership.

I apologize for not linking with a URL since I didn't know that was required. Honestly, I removed it not to offend anyone who controls the site or break any rules (that I wasn't aware of and will correct it if I can get some help with it) but because I wanted PRIVACY. I attempted to contact someone through private e-mail regarding this but no one replied, even though I was replied to, twice before and pretty promptly. My private information has been breached more than once through this site and I didn't want people linking back and compromising it further. Also, I don't understand why this is coming up now when in the past, I gave my user name and everything was handled just fine without much trouble from anyone. I feel like I'm being mobbed and attacked for some reason. But correct me, if I'm wrong. I simply wanted my profile to be updated and I don't see where the issue lies in that. I would really appreciate it, if I could be helped with that since I am a contributing member to this site. Also, I don't know how to replace the URL. I don't know what was there before I got rid of it...

Edit: Oops. I didn't see that my profile had been updated. Thank you to whomever helped me with that but I still do not know how to update my URL to link to my profile and if someone could help me with that, that would be appreciated, thanks...

Second Edit: Okay. I figured out how to link it. I no longer need help.

Edited by moonsun

First of all, no one is trying to mob or attack you. I am the forum moderator, so I deal with things related to the Forum, while BronxWench is an Archive moderator, so she deals with archive related matters, and is far better at answering archive related questions.

I do not have access to the site's emails so I can't answer why you did not get a response through that.

But, to Edit your Forum Profile, go to your profile and in the upper right hand corner, below the ShoutBox window, you should see a black button that says, "Edit my Profile". Click that, and then you should get a list of things you can change. Near the bottom there should be a "Profile Information" box. There you can add the url to your Archive profile, and at the bottom you'll see a "Penname" option, there you should add your correct Penname.

And the link to the archive profile is required, because this is a forum for our writers.

Alright, WillowDarkling, I was able to update everything and all I can do is hope that people remain unbiased and don't treat people differently or personally dislike strangers for the things they choose to write on this site since at least they're contributing to it and aren't attempting to hurt anyone or hurting anyone in real life... Thanks again, for the the help.

Edited by moonsun

If you receive any kind of reviews that are flaming, or personal attacks on your stories, you should report them immediately, because this is a moderated archive, and we take flaming and such very seriously.

The only thing we expect really is that you follow the rules, and do as you're asked if the archive mods ask you to fix issues with your stories (like tagging, disclaimers and such). We are a friendly bunch, most of the time. :)

That's good to know that you guys take flaming very seriously, although unfortunately, sometimes people are very passive-aggressive with their flaming on here but I will definitely report any flames, in the future. For the most part, I think the rules on here are worth it, considering the ability to write things other sites usually don't allow although I wish we could reply, ourselves, to those who flame us but I understand why you guys would rather have people report to you, instead. Well, thanks again and have a great day. :)

well... we do not allow replying to reviews in the reviews on your stories, but you are welcome to start a thread in the appropriate forum for review replies. We even allow you to put links in your story to link to the review reply threads.

But, just be warned that if you reply to flame reviews in the same vein as the flamers, you might end up getting told off by the moderators. So, it's a thin line to tread.

But, welcome and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help with stuff.

• 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.