Click Here!

Moving among chapters

Guest Sarah758

Guest Sarah758

Hi!

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find a topic for it. I noticed that when you restructured the formatting of the site and changed the way you move among chapters, you can no longer select a chapter to move to. I know I frequently find new long stories that I want to read, and read gradually starting wherever I left off. With the new formatting, I have to either go the end and click the back button over and over again until I get to the correct chapter, or start at the beginning and click the forward button over and over again. For example, I recently left off on chapter 30 of a story that had around 50 chapters. I could always bookmark and delete, but I was wondering if there was any way to add this type of chapter selection navigation back into the site. If other people don't have this problem it is obviously not an issue, but it has been a bit of a pain. I don't know if it is a complicated coding issue or just a design choice, so I figured I would mention it.

Thanks for all everyone does for the site, sorry again if this has been addressed already..

PIggybacking on this topic (and please forgive me if this has been voiced ad nauseum, as I suspect it must but couldn't find anything when searching the site & forum): is it possible to number the sidebar chapters? In the OP's example of looking for chapter 30 out of 50, the reader has to count down thirty chapter titles, which can be frustrating (some of the stories I read are nearing or past 100 chapters!). In typing this, I just realized that hovering over the chapters in the sidebar will give me the links, which have the chapter numbers... so that's an option, but it could be easier.

Regardless of that idea, thanks for keeping AFF up and running--your effort and hard work are appreciated!

It's been mentioned before that the chapter numbers being visible would be helpful, and from my own perspective as a moderator, I really found that useful myself. Right now, the focus has been on getting the big stuff up and running smoothly, and DG's doing some clean-up to help eliminate the page draw errors that are cropping up, where stuff runs off the page into the right side of the screen.

I don't know for sure if the chapter numbers will return, but I'll be hoping for it right along with you! :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.