Click Here!

BashfulScribe's Written Works

BashfulScribe

I’m sorry that it hurt. In a weird way, I’m glad that the message got across. Not everyone knows the pain of having an event like that in your life, and at the very least I’m glad to see that if I went for it, it wasn’t a wasted effort.

Also, props for letting your feelings be known and highlighting why without posting any real spoilers. 

Working on chapter 19 presently.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My new shortest story is up! It’s called Amy’s Fantasy. You can find it here: http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600109047

Someone else from here requested via email that I should repost blogs from my website here, but they’re kinda long and droning. That said, if people want them to be posted here, I absolutely can, and unless I get serious objections, will start that next week. In the meantime, I’ll be trying to return here daily and answer any and all questions, comments etc.

Around a month ago, I got an amazing email from someone that detailed their growth from hating sexuality to embracing it, and the kind of stories they enjoyed. They also outlined that they believed a bunch of sex stories and sex authors just get entangled in their own fantasies of either knowing all about sex or being a great writer and showing it off. Apparently, they liked Panopticon because it wasn’t that. Whether I agree with that assertion or not is immaterial, I don’t get to choose how readers interpret my stories, but I was incredibly flattered by this. Like I’ve said before, erotica that focuses heavily on plot has a niche appeal to it, and while I’m glad I tried something new, I almost feel like I did a disservice to this emailer by making, two pieces later, Amy’s Fantasy.

As I mentioned, Amy’s Fantasy was my first attempt at making an erotica story that more closely resembled a stroke story. Hell, I might even do a second attempt at it, I have a few ideas. That said, something that strikes me as interesting, a fact I can’t avoid, is that Amy’s Fantasy was my least ever commented on story. Not most disliked, not least read, but least commented on. Within a day or so of Panopticon, I got a few emails about it. Every chapter of BMS or GBM has illicited response. Amy’s Fantasy has been out for almost two weeks now, and interestingly, I’ve gotten one comment on it from a kind reader from Literotica, telling me that they got off to it. I reaped what I sowed, I guess. I’ve made comments before on how stroke stories get the most expected comments and plot-based stories didn’t. I don’t know why I expected this story to be any different.

Of course, there are other factors at play – I chose to plug my Patreon instead of my email whenever I could, it’s a one-off story that built no hype unlike a chaptered story, it’s relatively shorter than all of my other works, etc. Nevertheless, I’m glad I tried something similar to a stroke story, because looking at its effect on the world, I think I’m better off writing plot-based things.

As mentioned, Amy’s Fantasy was based off of real-life flirting I engaged in with someone, and I wonder if perhaps that was a factor. When I was writing BMS specifically, there were a number of times I was completely turned off but had to write a sex scene. Sometimes I even inserted <THEY BOINK> in the file then tell myself to go back and actually write the sex scene later. I hope they don’t mind, but I’m going to quote that emailer’s note about bad smut in their own words:

My experience with erotica so far leads me assume that people who write about sex get very wrapped up in their own romanticization of being a good writer and/or their own fantasies instead of actually writing about the sex itself in a smart way. Their gimmicks, explicitness, or need to be clever is a real mood killer.

I’m not going to lie, I could see that applied to Amy’s Fantasy very easily given its backstory. It was my own fantasy, and it was based on a sexting conversation I had, so maybe there was even me trying to be a good sexter for her that got left in the story. The whole need to be clever thing… well, I think we can all agree that was already a problem with me.

I wonder if I need to actively dislike writing sex in my stories in order to get them to a level of quality that my following desires and/or deserves. After all, I disliked writing it the most when I was at my most popular. Of course, the response to this story wasn’t bad, in fact a good number of people seemed to really like it, and I’m glad. Mainly this is just me spitballing. If you have opinions, I’d definitely like to hear them, in the comments or at basfulscribe@gmail.com. Again, I love every email sent to me, including those scathing me for bad writing or whatnot. Despite what I now believe has been a story slightly worse than my usual output, I’m not going to give up because of that – instead I’m going to take what I learned from the experience and hopefully turn it into better writing. 

• BashfulScribe changed the title to BashfulScribe's Written Works

I’ve decided to omit my blog’s weekly post from appearing in this forum, as it talks quite critically of other authors here and I don’t want to misconstrue anything as saying one author’s work is less valid than another, which it could come across as. At least, if I posted it here specifically.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BashfulScribe said:

Welp, it looks like my stories have been removed from this site, for… reasons. I should probably look into this. 

Please let the staff know what you uncover.  This was not done by the staff.

Will do! I sent an email to BronxWench (an absolutely delightful person, by the by) and they mentioned (as well as the fact that staff didn’t do this) that in the past, it wasn’t uncommon for family members or friends to access accounts of writers and erase their stories for one reason or another. My computer is very private so I highly doubt this was done by an IRL friend. My current guess is that my account was ‘hacked’ and some person from the internet with malicious intent got rid of my stories. Honestly, not the end of the world. I’ll just be changing my password and reupload them. I guess it could also be a server hiccup or something technical, because if someone had access to my account, they could have done way worse things (like intentionally break the rules under my name or something, not to give people ideas). 

Like I said though, this isn’t the end of the world. Who knows, maybe repuloading my stories will breathe new life into this forum. AFF is still a great host site for this, so I am most definitely not leaving. 

@pittwitch

I’m not sure if this is significant, but I’ve also noticed that my profile was wiped clean, so basically apart from this forum, my account was completely sterilized, not a trace of my existence left aside from my account still just existing. Given this I can assume either some kind of serve error wiped all of my past activity (can that happen?) or someone who somehow got access to my password wanted to give me what-for. 

@BashfulScribeAgain, there was no staff action regarding your account.  Anything done to your account was not done by AFF staff.  There was no sitewide server breach or failure that would explain a single account being affected.  

• 1 month later...

It’s legitimately super cool that I get to repost my stuff to this site. I’ve gotten a few new and old followers in contact with me (in some cases in contact with me again) and I legitimately have the erasure incident to thank for that.

Life is funny sometimes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.