Click Here!

Need help with a Mod Review

LadyXandra

i got a moderator review on one of my stories, saying that I cited from a separate source, but I am not sure what they mean by that. I read the corresponding faq on citations, but I the review was so vague I don't know what they think needs citing.

Here is my story:

http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600089316

And here is the review:

http://games.adult-fanfiction.org/review.php?set=read&no=600089316

Can a moderator help me understand better what needs changing? I get that citations are needed for things taken from other sources, but I don't know what they think needs citing.

Hi,

The issue is that you've used dialogue from the game in the story, specifically in Chapter 3. When that happens, we require a citation at the top or bottom of the chapter, stating that some dialogue is taken from Dragon Age: Origins. I suggest something like this:

"Some dialogue has been taken from Bioware's game, Dragon Age: Origins."

I recommend a citation like this be used wherever any dialogue is paraphrased as well, particularly when it remains close enough to the original dialogue as to be recognizable from the game. The FAQ does show some examples, and at the end of the first post of the FAQ, it does use something very similar as an example.

I fixed it like they asked, but I still got an email today saying that I didn't fix it and that they hid my story! I added what they wanted at the end of the very first chapter!

It does need to be at the bottom of each chapter. When I swept your story, I was immediately aware of the dialogue from the game, having played it myself. Chapter 3 in particular contained a lot of dialogue from the Dalish elf opening sequence. So we'd need to see that citation in each chapter.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.