Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

She sighed heavily, covering her face with her hands. “I don’t exactly have a lot of friends and you’re about the closest thing to someone I can talk to.”

“I’m your student.”

“You think I’m unaware,” she muttered into her palms, looking just as distressed as I was by that fact, “Believe me, if I had anyone else to talk to…even an acquaintance, I’d be talking to them instead of you.”

Poor Beth!  My heart goes out to her.  Damn, I wish Jack would have lent a sympathetic ear to Ms. Cartwright’s problems instead of blowing her off like that.  I hope her ex-boyfriend, Eric the dog guy, contracts rabies for cheating on her.  According to the above quotes, Beth has few friends and doesn’t trust her colleagues with her personal problems.  I’m beginning to think that she was badly hurt in the past and feels safe with Jack. 

Possible error— When Jack gets hit in the face by the volleyball, Ms. Cartwright says the following:

“And I remember doing this a couple of years ago,” she groaned as she sat me down on a bench and started shoveling ice out of a bucket with a metal scoop, “What was that for? Running? Badminton?”

I could be mistaken, but the only other time that I remember Jack getting beaned in the face was during a Dodge-Ball game early in the story.  Craig deliberately threw it at him.  That was way before Ms. Cartwright’s time.  Coach Walburn was still the P.E. instructor (or maybe the author was referring to something else).

Definitely not a sex chapter. Jack is having a hard time with the ladies – Kayla, Belle, Beth, Rhona, Jessica. It could have been worse if Amanda wasn’t absent for the whole chapter.

I’m still thinking nude pics of Miss Cartwright end up on Jack’s phone, somehow.

5 hours ago, Joe Long said:

Definitely not a sex chapter. Jack is having a hard time with the ladies – Kayla, Belle, Beth, Rhona, Jessica.

Especially Jessica.  The love-hate relationship with Jack will boil over soon.  I know that this was supposed to be a ‘re-building’ saga but I think there’s a cat-fight coming.

9 hours ago, Chester57 said:

Especially Jessica.  The love-hate relationship with Jack will boil over soon.  I know that this was supposed to be a ‘re-building’ saga but I think there’s a cat-fight coming.

There’s a lot of moving parts. Jack’s relationship with Kayla is on the mend but putting her back on Jack’s team throws her right into the deteriorating situation with Jessica. Meanwhile Beth Miss Cartwright moves into Danger, Will Robinson territory.

Now that Belle has defined her problems to Jack, perhaps he can ask her, “I understand why you don’t want to hang out, but can we at least return to speaking terms, like when we’re in class?”

birthday.gif

Happy 27th Birthday to Jashley13!

Here’s hoping the Navy gave you the day off (but probably not).

However you spend it, Joe— have a great one!

beer.gif

Chapter 76 is up! And just in time to skate it in before my birthday! Phew!

Hope you all enjoy! Only one chapter left in the saga and then we’ll finally be able to move on. :)

Guest Venom Wolf

Happy early birthday Jashley. This chapter for me was one of the best you have written. Also, the end has me going to ways. Either Jessica is happy about Jack and Kayla being back together just so she can break them up or she geniuanly happy for them (which I don't understand how Jessica can flip the switch like that but oh well, I'm not complaining).

16 hours ago, Guest Venom Wolf said:

Either Jessica is happy about Jack and Kayla being back together just so she can break them up or she geniuanly happy for them (which I don't understand how Jessica can flip the switch like that but oh well, I'm not complaining).

Jessica is not going to switch from hating Jack & Kayla yesterday to wishing them well today— certainly not after they both humiliated her publicly.  Don’t forget that Jessica is a skilled actress as well as a scheming, vindictive bitch.

In short— watch your back, Jack.  nutkick.gif

Good chapter

On 7/28/2017 at 6:52 PM, Chester57 said:

Jessica is not going to switch from hating Jack & Kayla yesterday to wishing them well today— certainly not after they both humiliated her publicly.  Don’t forget that Jessica is a skilled actress as well as a scheming, vindictive bitch.

In short— watch your back, Jack.  nutkick.gif

Good chapter

I think Jack and Kayla being back together was unexpected news for Jessica – but something that she quickly realized was a better fit for her vile plans. It was ‘good’ for what Jessica wants to do.

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:49 PM, Jashley13 said:

Only one chapter left in the saga and then we’ll finally be able to move on. :)

I hope the situation with Belle gets resolved.  She’s going to have to get off the fence and tell Jack that what happened wasn’t his fault. 

Also, what is really going on with Ms. Cartwright?  In Chapter 75, Beth said:

“I know I started the whole stupid ‘too familiar’ thing and I’m sorry about that. It’s…well, it kind of stems from a whole host of other problems and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”, and “Can you just forget that I’m your fucking teacher for a bit?”

Okay, Beth has some serious emotional baggage and has attached herself to Jack for support.  Perhaps Jack reminds Beth of someone in her past—  someone she really loved.

One more thing… What’s with Ms. Pallin and why does she hate Jack?  She just doesn’t like her male students?  Or is it personal? (but that’s probably for a future saga).

Guest GB-SCT

Happy Birthday Jashley!

Great chapter, definitely one of the best you’ve written! Can’t wait to find out how why Jessica changed her mind so quickly and what happens with Jacks punishment thing.

Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone! I spent the weekend in NYC with the family so unfortunately I lost a couple of days of writing and this may be a slightly longer chapter so...unfortunately may be a couple extra days before it’s posted but I shall be writing as fast as I can to get it up!

On 8/2/2017 at 11:19 AM, Chester57 said:

Also, what is really going on with Ms. Cartwright?  In Chapter 75, Beth said:

“I know I started the whole stupid ‘too familiar’ thing and I’m sorry about that. It’s…well, it kind of stems from a whole host of other problems and I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”, and “Can you just forget that I’m your fucking teacher for a bit?”

Okay, Beth has some serious emotional baggage and has attached herself to Jack for support.  Perhaps Jack reminds Beth of someone in her past—  someone she really loved.

Yes, there is something simmering below the surface.

I think Ms. Cartwright had some urge to open up to Jack, but was being tentative and careful. Jack responding in that way panicked her. She pulled back and put up the defenses. She had to be in control of the situation – initiating instead of responding to Jack.

That’s what was confusing to Jack. She was allowing familiarity, but only she when she started things.

Chapter 77 is finally up! So sorry about the delay, but this was a DRAINING one. I’m taking the rest of the day off to relax but I shall start up again tomorrow! Hope you all enjoy!!!

Guest Brierthorn

"Amanda wasn’t the one to die in a car accident"

So um, then someone is going to die in this way? I don't remember this every being referenced. Speculations anyone?

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:06 AM, Guest Brierthorn said:

"Amanda wasn’t the one to die in a car accident"

So um, then someone is going to die in this way? I don't remember this every being referenced. Speculations anyone?

I’ll go out on a limb and say it will be Grant, if only that it would make great drama considering the friction between Amanda and Jack.

On 8/12/2017 at 0:48 PM, Jashley13 said:

Chapter 77 is finally up! So sorry about the delay, but this was a DRAINING one. I’m taking the rest of the day off to relax but I shall start up again tomorrow! Hope you all enjoy!!!

Only part way through...I sing, and rather well, I’d like to think. I’ve backed up Grammy Award winning vocalists in live concerts – but I don’t know what an A or E is either. Give me a starting note and I can read well enough to get the ups and downs and how fast it goes, but I have no clue which note I’m singing. The last few years I’ve gotten better at just memorizing it. Show me the lyrics and let me listen to three verses and I have it nailed. Notes are just confusing when I can simply feel the music.

Guest Moonlight Knight Arthur
17 hours ago, Chester57 said:

I’ll go out on a limb and say it will be Grant, if only that it would make great drama considering the friction between Amanda and Jack.

Also, it can tie in Brad, as I'm sure he still wants Amanda and is willing to do whatever it takes to get her, plus to hurt Jack.

I’ve held on to this and am only sharing it because our author mentioned it first.

A year or so ago I sent Joe an email. I’d been looking through an obituary folder as part of my genealogy and found a spate of fatal car accidents involving high school students. One I was aware of as I knew one parent before the accident and the mother of the survivor, who’s forever in a wheelchair, goes to our church. On the same weekend a carful of teens that had been drinking tried to outrun the police and only one of five survived, and in the third a couple were simply on their way home from school when the car left the road, killing both.

I considered it as something I might include in my story (but have no plans for it at the moment) and I also mentioned it to Joe. He said at the time that something might occur. I’ve waited and this was the first mention.

But damn you for the teaser! Are we going to wait another fifty chapters to find out who?

Edited by Joe Long

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.