Click Here!

pippychick's Fringe fanfiction review responses

pippychick

Well, to start, it's a treat to have you writing again. I always enjoy yous stories, and this is off to a very promising start.<br />

<br />

I will start off by saying that I don't know the show, but given how well you've set this up, I don't see that as being an issue at all. You have a knack for touching on the core of your characters, and giving us glimpses of what's going on inside, and Walter is proving to be no exception. You write him brilliantly, with all the pain and glory of his madness, and his genius. He's as fragile as that broken beaker himself, even if he doesn't realize it.<br />

<br />

Having said that, I'm not so sure I'd take that pill...

Thank you, Bronxwench! :)

I'm so glad you think I'm writing Walter's mental illness right. I'd say he has psychotic moments, probably brought on by isolation and previous (and current) use of psychedelic drugs. He's got a host of other problems that are mostly to do with being inappropriate around others and ignorance of others' boundaries. I know there was an “undamaged” Walter once, but he has had little parts of his brain removed, and given what we see in the show (ie he's still a genius), I'm writing him up as kind of high-functioning autistic/Aspergers rather than schizophrenic, or mood disordered. But they do all kind of coincide, so I might throw a bit of those things in at various points.

But, anyway, sorry for the tl;dr. Yeah, he's basically not very well. Hopefully, I won't offend anyone.

Ha... you should check out some of Walter's funnier moments. I can only hope to emulate the writers' and John Noble's comic genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALthKN5Fwes

Oh, gods, I think I'm in love! John Noble is brilliant, and I agree completely that he's a genius. The tiniest nuances of his expressions are just so fraught with impact, and he's so damned cheerfully insane, I'm smitten, entirely! :D

And gods, yes, the higher functioning autistics and Aspies are very much what you'd expect if certain parts of the brain were tampered with, I agree. It requires a constant readjustment of point of view for the neurotypicals having to deal with them.

But really, I'm so eager to see what you do with this!

• 4 years later...

Reviews for Butterfly

BY : pippychick

• From ANON - Teaandcharcoal on September 06, 2018

This was EVERYTHING! Finally a mature relationship between Walter and Astrid, I'm so happy I stumbled upon this fic. I absolutely adore the pairing and the way that you write those two is so authentic. I especially loved the last chapter and the intimacy the two shared was written beautifully. Please continue I'd so love to see how the relationship between Walter and Astrid develops.

Thank you so much! :)

They really had great chemistry, and I loved writing them. Perhaps more will appear at some point when Fringe pops back up for a rewatch. Walter is so much fun.

Apologies for the lateness of this response, but I am glad you enjoyed reading.

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews for Butterfly

BY : pippychick

From tcr on March 12, 2019

Chapter 1:

First off, Pippy, thanks for telling me about this.  Lol.

Second...  The chapter is well written, as I've seen from you, so that's not a surprise.  You continue your well chosen words, descriptions, and, even though based off the show, the characters are well written.  This chapter feels like it could have been part of the show.  Even the attraction between Walter and Astrid, whose chemistry in the show could have gone that way in a different situation, feels natural.  You did a wonderful job with it.  It's a great start and I definitely look forward to reading through the rest.

Third, as touched on, you have done a great job transferring characters from the show into this story.  They don't feel out of character or out of place (and the scenario definitely fits the show).  Two thumbs way up for that.  And Walter, definitely makes the show and I found him to be one of the best characters, so I certainly look forward to what you do with him and Astrid.

Chapter 2:

First off, I loved the beginning of the chapter.  I think you presented Walter's inner thoughts extremely well, with the same idea as the show presents.  I thought it remained perfectly in character (especially Walter's thought process, normal for him, disjointed for others, yet you've weaved it perfectly).

Second, the interaction between Astrid and Walter was enjoyable, too.  The show of concern by Walter for Astrid felt like a bit of role reversal from the series (although, I do believe similar things happened, too...  I might be a little fuzzy on details).  It was a good scene and I love the subtleties in your writing.  You're a master wordsmith.

But now it seems things are going to get strange, just like the show!

Thank you @Tcr :hug:  

Well, I am rewatching it. Ostensibly, I’m writing Iason/Riki, but it never hurts to have a backup plan.

I’m so glad you’re enjoying it, and that it seems in character. I probably say this about a lot of characters, but Walter really is a joy to write. The mixture of genius and insanity that makes him up is fascinating. :)

It’s a bit of a bumpy start, but they get there. I hope you enjoy that too.

Should be fun to have them hide what they’re up to from Olivia and Peter, and show that they’ve been working during their hours and hours of alone time in the lab, lol.

Thank you again! :wub:

2 hours ago, pippychick said:

Thank you @Tcr :hug:  

Well, I am rewatching it. Ostensibly, I’m writing Iason/Riki, but it never hurts to have a backup plan.

I’m so glad you’re enjoying it, and that it seems in character. I probably say this about a lot of characters, but Walter really is a joy to write. The mixture of genius and insanity that makes him up is fascinating. :)

It’s a bit of a bumpy start, but they get there. I hope you enjoy that too.

Should be fun to have them hide what they’re up to from Olivia and Peter, and show that they’ve been working during their hours and hours of alone time in the lab, lol.

Thank you again! :wub:

Well, regarding Walter and the brilliant insanity that is his character, I can imagine how fun it would be to write.  Lol.  He is definitely an intriguing mix and both in the show and in your writing, it strikes a balance that would seem to work only with him.  Lol.

Bumpy starts are fun.  And I definitely enjoy them, adds realism to the tale.  So now I have something to look forward to more :) .

lol.  Yes, certainly have to hide the sausage - I mean, hide what's been going in - on, on, damnit, on…

And you're quite welcome.  It's beautifully written.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.