Click Here!

the original section's sections

paputsza

The original section on fictionpress can't work the same way as the rest of adult-fanfiction.org because the everything else is fanfiction already separated into subjects and it's obvious that if you're . That, and the slash section was more convenient before now. We wanted sections in the sections that were already there. Like putting a fantasy section inside of the erotica section instead of doing an erotica section and puting slash and femslash as categories. It would just making it easier to sift through since aff has always been the most convenient of the slash sites, hence it having the most of such stories in any one location, with so many hits and so many reviews in such a small amount of time. It's really hard and useless to muddle around and I'm seeing a decrease in traffic.

So, my advice for it's reorganization is for it to look like it did before, but to be able to click on specific tabs once you get into the list of recently updated stories of that specific section so that we could read something that suited our mood. Since there really is a /lot/ of stories here, it would help the older stories get read if they were put into subsections easily. This thing is too much change at once it seems, and a shock to the system. This is bad, because if there's less readers it means there will be less writers. It goes round and about

The original section on fictionpress can't work the same way as the rest of adult-fanfiction.org because the everything else is fanfiction already separated into subjects and it's obvious that if you're . That, and the slash section was more convenient before now. We wanted sections in the sections that were already there. Like putting a fantasy section inside of the erotica section instead of doing an erotica section and puting slash and femslash as categories. It would just making it easier to sift through since aff has always been the most convenient of the slash sites, hence it having the most of such stories in any one location, with so many hits and so many reviews in such a small amount of time. It's really hard and useless to muddle around and I'm seeing a decrease in traffic.

So, my advice for it's reorganization is for it to look like it did before, but to be able to click on specific tabs once you get into the list of recently updated stories of that specific section so that we could read something that suited our mood. Since there really is a /lot/ of stories here, it would help the older stories get read if they were put into subsections easily. This thing is too much change at once it seems, and a shock to the system. This is bad, because if there's less readers it means there will be less writers. It goes round and about

You're seeing the INITIAL recategorization, not the final end results. As I've said before, we haven't gotten there yet. We will, but it will take a bit of time. Fantasy has it's own top level btw. The tab menus are to take you to different subdomains. That's how they're set up.

gah. remind me not to post when sleep deprived.

Now that I've napped.....

There was already both a fantasy and erotica section. Each 2nd level category had NO subcategories at all, and many, many stories all within the one category. BECAUSE of how many stories each second level category had, they became top level categories. This affords us the ability to sort through what's there, and actually start making 2nd and 3rd level categories to accomodate that. However, we're nowhere near getting to that subdomain yet. We're only just now finishing up the Books subdomain, and progressing through Buffy. So, please be patient, we will get to IT too.

As to the standardized schema for second levels, once we actually SORT through everything, I expect that will change in the Originals subdomain. But, first we must catalog and sort it. It's a large task, and will take some time.

All this, of course, while working within the limits and constraints that the current program puts upon us....