Click Here!

"The Rewrite" A FFVII Fanfiction on FF.Net

Guest LordGeovanni

Guest LordGeovanni

Hello, I JUST lost a story that was on Fanfiction. It was ripped down by admins probably for some stupid reason. As it is, it use to be available at https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8915181/1/The-Rewrite

I am looking for anywhere else it may have been posted. I can only supply so much of the story because I just read like 12+ FFVII stories and they are now running together in my head. Google was willing to supply part of the summary, however:

"A Clack fic; Sephiroth comes back again and revives Jenova. Cloud and his friends are thrown into an alternate timeline where Sephiroth isn't evil yet and dead friends are alive again. With a chance to stop everything from happening all over..."

Anyone know somewhere else it is available?

The "some stupid reason" was likely for MA content, right? You are aware that FFN doesn't allow MA? Speaking as a site admin myself, I can tell you for certain that stories are deleted for GOOD reasons, not stupid ones.

Any site and its staff is well within its rights to enforce its individual terms of service.

Okay, off my soap box now. Good luck finding your story.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest LordGeovanni

Found out the reason. Apparently the author decided to rewrite the story and FFNet found out. The last update was apparently a chapter that said that the story was being rewritten and FFNet decided that posting a chapter with an AN saying that the story was discontinued in order to rewrite it was against their rules. (The rule is against using AN for chapters in order to prevent bumping a story). As such, due to the chapter being only an AN, FFNet decided to erase the entire story.

Not MA, but there was a tiny reason why I could see FFNet getting upset. While AN are not allowed as chapters for a good reason, I cannot see why FFNet would deleted an entire story even when it says that it will no longer be updated. It isn't like this author was bumping the story for more views. It was for the people who only favorite the story and don't check their user lookups.

Guest LordGeovanni

I'm curius - y'all do understand that we aren't affiliated in any way with FFN?

DemonGoddess061 was just making aware to me that FFNet could have a good reason for taking down the story. I was responding that I found the story in question, or what I could anyhow, and that it was a stupid reason, not just because the story was MA.

Regardless, I am well aware that this site is not associated with FFNet, I usually come to this forum when the FFNet Forum for the community of the fandom in question is lacking in the efforts to rediscover lost fanfiction. As that site has such a poor system of forum, it is a big hassle to attempt to establish a forum for lost fanfiction. On this side of the internet pond, you guys already have an entire forum established for each of your subsections of fanfiction. It is actually a huge resource for finding FFNet fanfiction as well as AFF stories just because most AFF viewers originated on FFNet.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.